Million to one shots

TigerTedd

Just flicking around you tube and found this. 

Bit American centric with lots of American football and basketball, but some bloody unbelievable things. Including a coin flip landing in its edge. Worth a watch if you’ve got 10 mins to kill. Proof that in an infinite universe, anything can and will happen.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, eddie said:

Ah, the legendary 7-10 split. I never made one myself, but made 4-6-7-10 (the 'big 4') a couple of times.

I’m sure I fluked a 7-10 once. I didn’t realise it was as rare as a million to one shot. Now I’m start to doubt I ever did it, maybe I dreamt it. 

No one saw it of course. I remember being elated with myself and absolutely no one was there to witness. 

And I was naked. So maybe it was a dream. 

25 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

I’m sure I fluked a 7-10 once. I didn’t realise it was as rare as a million to one shot. Now I’m start to doubt I ever did it, maybe I dreamt it. 

No one saw it of course. I remember being elated with myself and absolutely no one was there to witness. 

And I was naked. So maybe it was a dream. 

My mate Rob made the 7-10 a couple of times, but hadn't made the big 4. His technique was to hurl the ball at speed at the 7 pin, smash it into the back and to get a rebound which kicked it on to the ball again and back out onto the pin deck (and hopefully to take out the 10).

I wouldn't say a million to 1 - nothing like that. I played at a reasonably high level for about 10 years (tournaments/championships/internationals), probably bowling (including practice sessions) say 25 games a week. I might have left the 4-6-7-10 once a week on average, say 500 times in my career, and I nailed it 3 times. Say 150 or 200-1. Rob had a similar record as me, but with the 7-10. For someone with the ability to whack a ball down at 20 mph or more (ball taking 2.5 seconds or less to get to the end), I reckon 1000-1 is about right. Your common-or-garden pleasure bowler would be very unlikely to generate that kind of speed so would have to rely on faulty equipment/rogue pins lying in the pit and getting a ricochet off that.

Say 10000-1.

Archived