The post January curse

oldtimeram

It's not only our first team players that get the post January blues and lose the ability to play football consistently well in the latter part of the season.  From contacts I have at Swindon it seems as if Elsnik has completely lost form too and has been relegated to the subs bench.  I was hopeful he could do a job for the Rams next season, but after a promising start,  he cannot even get into a League two side :(

I was also informed that Gordon suffered a bad injury yesterday too.  Shoulder injury I believe  

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Elsnik's dropping out of the Swindon team has little to do with form and everything to do with the way the new manager, Phil Brown, has set the team up, in my opinion.

Last match he played for them, which I was at, Brown played him at defensive midfield, which is a role he struggled with.

The Swindon fans I chatted with still loved him though - more than they love their new manager! 

Sorry to hear about Kellan Gordon's injury. 

15 minutes ago, angieram said:

Elsnik's dropping out of the Swindon team has little to do with form and everything to do with the way the new manager, Phil Brown, has set the team up, in my opinion.

Last match he played for them, which I was at, Brown played him at defensive midfield, which is a role he struggled with.

The Swindon fans I chatted with still loved him though - more than they love their new manager! 

Sorry to hear about Kellan Gordon's injury. 

The words Phil Brown and Manager in the same sentence.....

Archived