Jay & Teale Contract Talks on Hold

Day

DERBY County are not planning to reopen contract talks with Jay McEveley and Gary Teale before the end of the season.

The deals of McEveley and Teale expire this summer and they are free to speak to other clubs.

"We will probably wait towards the end of the season or even at the end of the season now and see what our options are," said manager Nigel Clough.

"They are obviously free to talk to clubs, we understand that, but we have pretty much got tied down those we really want out there in the long term and if it means losing one or two players, that's the chance we'll take."

McEveley, 25, has started the last six games at left-back but winger Teale, 31, has not started since the home defeat by Blackpool on Boxing Day. He is currently out with a calf injury.

http://www.therams.co.uk/news/CONTRACT-TALKS-HOLD/article-1851357-detail/article.html

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The way I see it they both have till the end of the season to impress, if not there are outta here. If another club comes in for them and offers them a contract, Clough doesn't see it as a great loss.

Where that leaves us with regards to left back I'm not sure, if Jay isn't worthy of a new contract why has he been playing ahead of Moxey? is Moxey not good enough now either?

I think we're in for a busy summer.

id try and sort something out with jay, but i suppose make them earn there contracts if we have any intention of keeping them, i perhaps think that there nwages are a little higher than the club is willing to keep on would be my only reasoning behind why they arent renegotiating

Archived