Vydra in Team of the Season

nottingram

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vydra interview on being selected in the team of the season

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2018/04/vydra-delighted-with-championship-accolade-in-important-season

Speaking to RamsTV this morning, Vydra said: “I am so happy because last season here and the one before (on loan at Reading) I didn’t play well.

“Maybe this season was important for me to show if I can be a good player or not. It isn’t just about me; it’s about my team-mates and they help me so much. 

“The manager has also helped me by playing me in my best position, which is as a ‘number 10’. He has given me a free-role on the pitch when we attack but defensively I have to do what he says. 

“I like that and I always try to do my best for this team. Everyone has stayed behind me and helped me to score goals.”

Vydra added: “My father is always hard on myself and complains to me if I am not playing well or scoring goals – so I called him yesterday to tell him the news.

“This season he is happy and so am I. As well as scoring goals we are in the top six and that is a good reason to smile. He is coming to the home games against Middlesbrough and Cardiff later this month. I am happy about that.”

Archived