Newcastle up for sale

Day

As ghastly an individual as ashley is, I can't see how newcastles prospects would be so much better under a ball-busting deal broker and her pet mob of venture capitalists.

Rafa: about the transfer kitty.....

Staveley : where's our 20% return? 

Rafa: we need to score gols 

Staveley : give us our 20%

Rafa: we have good players,  create muy chanses 

Stavely: they're gone. That's our 20% sorted 

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Football clubs are like classic cars, hardly come up for sale, when they do cost a fair wack, expensive to maintain, expensive to restore and when you come to sell it, you never get back what you put in, for the most part.

The trouble with Newcastle the wheels are wobbly and look like they will come off at anytime.

Ashley apparently put in  £300m to clear the debt and he wants that back.

This according to his mini-me mouthpiece Dennis wise. 

I imagine what stavely and Co have in mind is to borrow the purchase money and load it onto a holdco as debt. They might borrow at libor +4  (guesstimate ). So to generate their 20% they're going to need the football club to generate cash to service the debt plus pay down the debt plus give them some bunts on top.

So somewhere around 70-100m pa. Not sure Newcastle is that big a franchise that it could generate that much profit?

Sure, prem league revenue money is big but so are operating costs of a football club.

Archived