Can we beat Forest?

Day

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, we can beat them, but I'm a little more worried after yesterday. I don't get to many games away these days but managed to get to Posh. Obviously delighted with the 3 points and hopefully we can gain some confidence from it but I do hope everyone realises how poor we were. We have to beat the worst team in the league, when they've only got 9 men, anything less and we'll all string ourselves up.

As they say in politics "this could be a good week to get rid of bad news", I sincerely hope we dont sell any of our few remaining match winners. We wont get another point this season if we play to that level again.

Sorry people but no. I know football is played on grass and not paper but the home records for us and the away records for Forest speak for themselves.

To be fair Forest are playing extremely well. They are organised, young and clearly capable of promotion this year while our whole formation is shambles, there are players low on confidence who are past it and we are lingering at the bottom.

Derby County 0-2 Nottingham Forest

I have to be realistic and I'm going to be.

I have a bit of optimism and a dream that will we do it but I just don't see it really happening. There is an enormous gulf of quality between the two teams. Both teams will be up for it and have loud support behind them but Forest have a massive edge over us.

Local Derby form goes out the window,im sure Nigel will view this game as getting fans back on side and the troops will be fired up accordingly.Davies should if fit be getting into his stride and maybe one or 2 more .

Come on lads no retreat no surrender get into em and **** em up.

Should Nigel be leaving players out against Plymouth on Tuesday ready for the Forest game? Give players like Jay, Teale, Croft and Hulse a run out?

Personally I would, although I don't think Nigels mind works like that. We are in a relegation scrap and points are vital, I think he'l realise that Tuesday is our best hope of picking up 3 points. He doesn't strike me as the manager that will be looking to get one over Forest.

The Forest game I don't see that we have to worry to much if we have a fit team to put out, true they are unbeaten in the league is it 18 games now or whatever, but as Mace said form goes out the window in Derby games. We feared the worst against WBA at home, if it wasn't for the dodgy ref we would of picked up 3 points. Newcastle we were all expecting the worst again yet we put in a battling performance and picked up a well deserved point.

Having read a couple Forest forums recently, they seem to have written us off already, saying we have "no chance" of beating them, hopefully the Forest players are just as complacent as the fans.

This game is massive for us and I just feel that the Derby players and fans will be up for it more than Forest, when we're on form we can compete with the best of them in this league.

I'm not going to predict a scoreline for this one, but just say Daveo has a very good feeling in his bones about this one, this game could be the confidence boost that will really kickstart our season.

You are not the only one with that feeling

10 for yes and 4 for no ! are some of you fibbing ? or fooling yourselves ? i really hope you are right but i'm trying not to think about it - would be great to break their away record and wipe the smug smile of their faces. - fingers crossed.

they are 10 times better than us.

Are they really? I mean really that much better than us?

I'm not for one minute suggesting we are as good as them at the moment, although I think we need a little realism here, despite there quite frankly amazing run of good form, are they top of the table? nope, they are second. We played top of the table Newcastle, and we competed with the best in this league, yes we got battered for long spells of the game but we defended like beasts that day, we even had a few chances to grab a goal ourselves.

We're not playing Man United, Chelsea or Real Madrid, it's Forest. Derby games are like cup games, and as much as I hate to say it we are the underdogs for this one, but look what Leeds did at Old Trafford, Reading at Anfield.

can we beat them?....yes

will we beat them?....no, they are 10 times better than us.

Liverpool are ten times better than Reading.;)

Have Faith, I wouldnt leave any players out all the match time they can get is the best preparation for the Forest game.

Its a rsk but hey ho bring on the scum.

Are they really? I mean really that much better than us?

I'm not for one minute suggesting we are as good as them at the moment, although I think we need a little realism here, despite there quite frankly amazing run of good form, are they top of the table? nope, they are second. We played top of the table Newcastle, and we competed with the best in this league, yes we got battered for long spells of the game but we defended like beasts that day, we even had a few chances to grab a goal ourselves.

We're not playing Man United, Chelsea or Real Madrid, it's Forest. Derby games are like cup games, and as much as I hate to say it we are the underdogs for this one, but look what Leeds did at Old Trafford, Reading at Anfield.

Just beat me too it Dave.

which is why i said we CAN beat them

but we wont

forest right now are what i want derby to be like, team full of youth, confidence, pace amd skill playing great football

we are currently a team full of journeymen playing hoofball.

as keegan said i would LOVE IT if we beat them but i just cant see it

i hope im soooo wrong

Archived