Are my expectations to high?

Sith Happens

Sith Happens

I hate crap service, but starting to wonder if my expectations are to high as crap service seems to happen time and again, a recent example i had was with Hoseasons.

Recently booked and stayed in a holiday lodge booked through them, the park was advertised as including spa facilities (massage and all that), so as it was a gift for my wife i though that would be nice and i would book her a treatment of some description.

Spent 10 days prior to the break trying to contact the advertised Spa to book a treatment as didnt want to leave it until we got there, constantly no answer with a message saying busy in treatments will call you back.

Left several messages, also spoke to the park who said that although the spa was on the park it was run by a third party but they would try and get hold of her. Also spoke to Hoseasons who said they would call the park, then called me back and said dont worry you can book on arrival.

On arrival I asked to book and they said i couldnt and that they hadnt been able to contact the girl who runs the spa. I tried a couple of times to call her while there with no luck, i did complain to reception but they stated as it was a third party it was nothing to do with them.

I complained on my return to hoseasons stating the spa was one of the reasons i had booked the park, they replied that they would contact the park but stated clearly as they were just agents it wasnt really their responsibility, i did reply saying if they were advertising facilities surely they had a duty to check they were available, and likewise for the park itself to advertise itself as a spa surely they had a duty to ensure the facilty was actually available.

Eventually got a reply saying again not hoseasons fault, and also the park claiming not theirs and that they had finally been able to acertain the girl who ran the spa was sick.

Ok so I know people get sick but surely there should be a contingency for when someone is, and also cant tell me she was that sick for 10 days she couldnt have responded to say wouldnt be available.

I just hate how everything is a fob off, to me if you advertise a facility you as a company should ensure its available to customers regardless of if its actually owned by you or not.

I have just had a similiar thing with Holiday Lettings, tried to book two villas for next year and on both occasions had a reply declining my booking because the price was wrong, or they have a minimum 7 day stay. Surely once again holiday lettings should have a duty to ensure things are advertised correctly.

I am sure its all covered in the T&C's but even so its still pants.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived