Your First Away Game!?

MattyTheRam

Thought id start this thread to get a grasp of how long people have been going

mine was against west ham, april 17th 1999, was about 8 at the time , gives you an idea of me age!, we lost 5-1 and wanchope got our only goal as a consolation, remember having to sit on a rickety wooden seat!

you's?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

blackburn last season, i went with my mates, although i have been going to derby matches at home since i was 5 i never had been to an away game so what better a way to start it with our beach party

Originally posted by Boyciniho;3404

You know I can't remember?

It would have been the first away game in the first season back in the old first division when we had shilton Wright and saunders etc.

I think it was Anfield in 1987 I think we lost 1-0 Barnes goal ( not giles )

Everton or Bolton which ever game was first in the year at PP, think we beat Everton 2-1 as I remember there being a great atmosphere on the coach back, Bolton I think we drew in the end 3-3 ish, one of those games where we went down 2-1 then 3-2 up to draw 3-3.

Working off memory here, will check out the results to see if my memory is correct.

Originally posted by David;3411

Everton or Bolton which ever game was first in the year at PP, think we beat Everton 2-1 as I remember there being a great atmosphere on the coach back, Bolton I think we drew in the end 3-3 ish, one of those games where we went down 2-1 then 3-2 up to draw 3-3.

Working off memory here, will check out the results to see if my memory is correct.

Saturday 14th December 1997

Bolton 3 - 3 Derby

Saturday 14th February 1998

Everton 1 - 2 Derby (Stimac, Wanchope)

Originally posted by Boyciniho;3421

You can comment using your inferior knowledge as much as you like duk.

Infact thats all you need on your cv to become a moderator on this place, isn't that right Boycie?

Originally posted by gawa_ram;3478

Wolves away in the promotion season - 1-0, Stevie Howard scuffed his first goal from two yards and Lupes played a blinder.

Stevie B saved a peno too.

and there was me thinkin everyone was gunna make me look like a newbie to the away game culture lol

Archived