A Sunderland Player's Aquatic Heroics

ramit

"Sunderland star Duncan Watmore helped saved the lives of three holidaymakers while on holiday in the Caribbean.

The England under-21 international was on a holiday with girlfriend Sophie last month and were cruising on a speedboat off the coast of Barbados when they were hit by a speeding catamaran.

The impact of the collision sent the 23-year-old professional footballer overboard along with his partner and three elderly passengers.

However, reports suggest that Duncan managed to grab all of the passengers before coastguards were able to rescue the group. And the heroic star also used his t-shirt to stop the bleeding to a severe cut on one of the passengers leg.

One of those involved in the incident told the Sun: “It was scary, life or death. I’m lucky not to be coming back in a box.

“We assumed [the catamaran] would see us and change course, but it then got closer.

“Duncan helped everybody to get on to the boat — he couldn’t have been nicer.”

The incident happened as Watmore enjoyed a holiday with partner Sophie in February. The Black Cats winger is currently out injured after rupturing his ACL and will miss the rest of the season as a result.

The holiday was reportedly the idea of Sunderland manager David Moyes who believed it would help the player’s recovery."

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/sunderland-star-duncan-watmore-life-12819546

Watmore can be asked of him?  Well, for starters not to go Duncan his passengers in the sea and sinking his vessel because he assumed a catamaran captain would know maritime law.  Full marks for his heroics after the fact though, i will give him that.

i wonder who'll pay the damages, perhaps Sunderland, the trip was after all Moyes's bright idea

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, ramit said:

"Sunderland star Duncan Watmore helped saved the lives of three holidaymakers while on holiday in the Caribbean.

The England under-21 international was on a holiday with girlfriend Sophie last month and were cruising on a speedboat off the coast of Barbados when they were hit by a speeding catamaran.

The impact of the collision sent the 23-year-old professional footballer overboard along with his partner and three elderly passengers.

However, reports suggest that Duncan managed to grab all of the passengers before coastguards were able to rescue the group. And the heroic star also used his t-shirt to stop the bleeding to a severe cut on one of the passengers leg.

One of those involved in the incident told the Sun: “It was scary, life or death. I’m lucky not to be coming back in a box.

“We assumed [the catamaran] would see us and change course, but it then got closer.

“Duncan helped everybody to get on to the boat — he couldn’t have been nicer.”

The incident happened as Watmore enjoyed a holiday with partner Sophie in February. The Black Cats winger is currently out injured after rupturing his ACL and will miss the rest of the season as a result.

The holiday was reportedly the idea of Sunderland manager David Moyes who believed it would help the player’s recovery."

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/sunderland-star-duncan-watmore-life-12819546

Watmore can be asked of him?  Well, for starters not to go Duncan his passengers in the sea and sinking his vessel because he assumed a catamaran captain would know maritime law.  Full marks for his heroics after the fact though, i will give him that.

i wonder who'll pay the damages, perhaps Sunderland, the trip was after all Moyes's bright idea

Like is just for the puns, well done.

I think you might need to modify your snarky comments, @ramit.

It wasn't Watmore's boat - at least according to the BBC. They report that he was a passenger himself, and it was a fishing boat, not a speedboat. As well as helping the three elderly people, he also reportedly pulled the skipper out of the water. This would also imply that it wasn't his boat.

15 minutes ago, eddie said:

I think you might need to modify your snarky comments, @ramit.

It wasn't Watmore's boat - at least according to the BBC. They report that he was a passenger himself, and it was a fishing boat, not a speedboat. As well as helping the three elderly people, he also reportedly pulled the skipper out of the water. This would also imply that it wasn't his boat.

What?  Stick to the facts as reported by the BBC?  What chance does that give me to pun it up? Wait.. 

So he wasn't captaining the boat, a mere technicality and so he hauled the captain up unto the moist deck of a catamaran, what was he going to do, leave the incapable fool to drown?

Very well, very well, i retract my initial snarky comment and the subsequent snarky comment, but i'm only doing it because you forced me, you big brute

33 minutes ago, ramit said:

What?  Stick to the facts as reported by the BBC?  What chance does that give me to pun it up? Wait.. 

So he wasn't captaining the boat, a mere technicality and so he hauled the captain up unto the moist deck of a catamaran, what was he going to do, leave the incapable fool to drown?

Very well, very well, i retract my initial snarky comment and the subsequent snarky comment, but i'm only doing it because you forced me, you big brute

Bloody Viking.

Archived