Lee Johnson - Bristol City

vicky-27

On loan alledgedy ! ????????? can't find any news on it but it's all over facebook and on that very reilable page wiki - thought i would give you all a laugh anyway :D

Johnson started his career as a youth player with Arsenal, but left the club aged 17 after falling out with one of the club's coaches.[1] He joined Watford, whose youth system was run by his father Gary. He did not make a first team appearance for the club. He went on have a spell with Brighton before joining Conference side Yeovil Town in 2001. Managed by his father Gary, Yeovil achieved two promotions, reaching the Football League Second Division. In this time, Johnson won the player of the year award three times in a row.

Johnson joined Scottish Premier League club Hearts on 11 January 2006 for £50,000, signing a two-half year contract.[1] His debut came in a 4–1 victory over their Edinburgh rivals Hibernian.[2]

Less than two months after Johnson joined Hearts the man who signed him Graham Rix was sacked.[3] After that Johnson had only made one substitute appearance for the club. In August 2006 he left to re-join his father Gary at Bristol City.[4]

On 12 August 2006 Huddersfield Town manager Peter Jackson was sent to the stands after grabbing Johnson around the throat in a touchline incident 10 minutes from full-time.[5] Johnson was part of the City team that won promotion to the Football League Championship in the 2006–07 season.

In the 2007/8 season Lee had his best ever season for Bristol City as they pushed for promotion to the premiership. Lee was a solid figure in the team during the run to the playoff final, which unluckily ended in defeat to Hull city

On the 1st January, Lee Johnson joined fellow championship side Derby on a months loan, as cover for the suspended Robbie Savage for the F.A Cup game against Millwall

Tis true ! it's official now http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10327~1920388,00.html

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't say I know too much about him, but anyone who can take Savage's place is a good move for me. Does seem abit pointless for a month although he is out of contract at the end of the season, maybe Clough wants to take a look at him wth a possibility to signing him.

Derby County loan signing Lee Johnson has hinted there is a chance his move to Pride Park could be extended beyond the initial one-month agreement.

The 28-year-old midfielder has joined from Bristol City and admits he is not sure what will happen when his stay comes to end in February.

He told the Rams website: "I don't know what the situation is at Bristol City.

"I'm in a fortunate position to be involved with two great clubs. I'll see how it goes and see what happens."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/derby_county/8443262.stm

• 4 weeks later...

Archived