Easton plays down link to Derby

Day

Transfer speculation surrounding Brian Easton and his team-mates is no big deal to the Hamilton Accies defender.

Derby manager Nigel Clough watched the 1-0 defeat by Rangers on Saturday, while Palermo and Brescia scouts were eyeing midfielder James McCarthy.

"We already have a lot of people coming here, firstly for James McCarthy," said the 20-year-old Easton.

"And then James McArthur was getting attention as well. But we don't take too much notice of it."

Easton, who has been previously linked with West Ham United, insists he is only interested in Hamilton for the time being after recently penning a new contract until 2011.

"I was talking to my dad after the game and he said there was something on the television about it, but I'm not taking too much notice to be honest," he said of Clough's presence in a record crowd of 5,895 for New Douglas Park.

"It's a compliment to have someone watching me, but there is nothing I can do about it.

"It's out of my hands just now. I just need to keep doing my stuff at Hamilton and see what happens.

"There are a lot of people in the dressing-room who will keep our feet on the ground if we get carried away with it."

Accies suffered a 7-1 thrashing at the hands of Rangers the last time the two clubs met but were just as unhappy with Saturday's narrow reverse.

"Everyone is disappointed to lose the game and that shows you how far we have come," said Easton, whose side will be looking to rediscover their recent good form against Hibernian in midweek.

"As a team, we can play better, but you can't fault our effort and commitment.

"We have to put it out of our heads because we have a big game on Wednesday."

Anyone see the game and how this lad did? never heard of him personally.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived