Tony Parry

billhern

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasnt theere someone who was the new Pele , tho i dont think he ever played for the first team.  Biri or something like that.

Biri Biri started his career with various Gambian clubs. In 1970, he moved abroad to play under manager Brian Clough at English club Derby County. He moved back to Gambia to play for Wallidan Banjul, before moving to Europe once more in 1972, as he became the first African player to play professionally in Denmark, as he signed for B 1901. He moved to Spanishclub Sevilla FC in 1973, becoming the first black player to play for the club. He is regarded by Sevilla fans as a cult figure and, at the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan, the most loyal fans named their cheering section (and thus, themselves) "Biris Norte" in honour of him. He moved to Danish club Herfølge BK in 1980, before moving back to Wallidan Banjul in 1981, where he ended his career in 1987.

2 minutes ago, Lincolnshire Ram said:

Biri Biri started his career with various Gambian clubs. In 1970, he moved abroad to play under manager Brian Clough at English club Derby County. He moved back to Gambia to play for Wallidan Banjul, before moving to Europe once more in 1972, as he became the first African player to play professionally in Denmark, as he signed for B 1901. He moved to Spanishclub Sevilla FC in 1973, becoming the first black player to play for the club. He is regarded by Sevilla fans as a cult figure and, at the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan, the most loyal fans named their cheering section (and thus, themselves) "Biris Norte" in honour of him. He moved to Danish club Herfølge BK in 1980, before moving back to Wallidan Banjul in 1981, where he ended his career in 1987.

Didn't he go on to have a sauce names after him too?

14 minutes ago, needles said:

I think it's Tewfik Abdallah, Egyptian if that qualifies, signed in 1920.

Are you sure he was black? Sounds white to me.

Just now, i-Ram said:

You saying Needles is tewfik to know whether he was black or white?

Just saying Needles is making very dangerous assumptions.

As for Tewfik, he's black or white and it's in his DNA...

Archived