Backe quits Notts County

Day

HANS Backe has quit as manager of Notts County.

The Swede told the players of his decision to leave before training this morning.

His No.2 Dave Kevan has been appointed caretaker boss and will be in charge for the Magpies' League Two game at Bournemouth.

Kevan took training this morning.

Backe took over from Ian McParland at the end of October and has been in charge for just nine games.

His decision comes after Munto Finance put the club up for sale and executive chairman Peter Trembling completed a buyout on Saturday.

The club was unavailable for comment when first contacted by the Post this morning but Backe's exit has now been confirmed on the club website.

Sven-Goran Eriksson was also at training this morning.

But his representatives, Athole Still International, would also not comment on the former England manager's future at Meadow Lane today.

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/homesport/leave-Notts-County/article-1610033-detail/article.html

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And the Guardian reports Sven is suing Notts for 6 a figure settlement and is likely to walk!

Trembling says all corporate ties with Qadbak and SCH have been cut. Given that SCH was supposed to be the source of the funds that would boost Eriksson's otherwise meagre wage at Meadow Lane, all the indications are now that Eriksson will quit over what he considers to be broken promises.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/dec/15/sven-goran-eriksson-lawyers-money

I feel sorry for em, is that allowed? knocking around in the lower leagues (Forest fans will tell yu how that feels), then your club gets taken over by a load of rich Arabs, financially it would be a dream come true for most football fans no matter who you support. Before they can even think what if the dream is over.

Former England boss Sven Goran Eriksson has pledged his future to Notts County following the resignation of manager Hans Backe.

The Swedish coach quit his post over the weekend after just nine games in charge, citing 'broken promises' were behind his decision.

This has led to speculation that Eriksson could follow his compatriot through the Meadow Lane door, but the director of football has reassured fans he is staying and he wants to deliver "the goals that we have set."

Eriksson said in a statement on the club's official website: "Everyone at the club is disappointed that Hans has chosen to tender his resignation.

"This has come as a surprise to all of us in the context of recent results on the pitch and the completion of the management buy-out of the club by Peter Trembling.

"I am aware that Hans' decision has led to speculation about my own position here at Notts County.

"I wish to make it clear that I believe the management buy-out is a positive first step for the club and we look forward to confirming further investments for the future.

"I continue to enjoy my work at Notts County and together with Peter Trembling I hope to progress to the goals that we have set."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5774229,00.html

Archived