DCFC Weekly

PodgeyRam

I'm not sure where to put this so mods feel free to move it where you want. 

As part of my postgraduate degree I have to create a website and cater content on that website towards a specific audience. I've decided to do mine on Derby County. The aim is to show that I understand my audience and learn from any mistakes made. 

The website is called 'DCFC Weekly'. It's in the early stages at the moment, but there will be plenty of content uploaded over Christmas given how busy it will be. There will be things like match reports, longer in-depth pieces and hopefully a couple of interviews with people of interest.

Here's a teaser of one article I've done, about the return of McClaren:

"For months the former England manager had been linked to the Newcastle job. Why had he not put the rumours to rest? Saying that you are flattered by the speculation is not a good way of getting fans onside just when you need them the most.

“My intention is to sort this out. No-one has told me otherwise and until somebody does, that’s my determination,” said McClaren.

In the end he was told otherwise. McClaren was sacked later that month by the club’s new owner, Mel Morris and swiftly replaced by the highly rated Paul Clement, the former assistant manager of Carlo Ancelotti at Real Madrid. McClaren moved into the hot seat at Newcastle the next month.

Nobody wasted any time moving on from this extremely conscious uncoupling."

The rest of the article can be found here:

https://dcfcweekly.wordpress.com/2016/12/04/return-of-the-mac-once-again/

If you fancy giving me a follow on twitter (@dcfcweekly) or on Facebook (facebook.com/dcfcweekly) I'd be grateful but it's fine if you don't want to. 

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I first started to read your post "as part of my post graduate degree..." my heart sank. I thought, here we go again, a meaningless questionnaire from someone doing a meaningless degree but, it actually looks pretty good from my first speed read. 

Looking forward to plenty more. Keep it up Podgey. Good work. 

1 hour ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Excellent stuff podgey.

Best of luck with the postgrad.

47 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

When I first started to read your post "as part of my post graduate degree..." my heart sank. I thought, here we go again, a meaningless questionnaire from someone doing a meaningless degree but, it actually looks pretty good from my first speed read. 

Looking forward to plenty more. Keep it up Podgey. Good work. 

Cheers guys. Who knows, if this goes well I might just keep doing it in my spare time after the project has finished.

I know how annoying it can be Tamworth - nothing worse than thousands of students waving their digital questionnaires on messageboards! I was a bit hesitant to post it on here, but I really need to pull out all the stocks for it!

Archived