Are we potless again ?

vicky-27

According to a report in the Mail-online website this morning Nigel Clough has told a local reporter that "Rob Hulse could be sold" during the January transfer window. Yet the club denied reports that Hulse would be sold for £3m to Wolverhampton Wanderers earlier last week.

Clough also went on to state "It is the same with any player if an offer comes in we will consider it on its merits". So in effect the smallest squad in the Championship is in fact likely to get smaller if any club takes a fancy to any Rams player, speculation is that any money made from any sales will not be given to Clough and more loan deals will have to be made. The Rams already have a maximum five loan players that are allowed in the match day 18 man squad. So any further loans would mean other loan players either returning to their club or being left out of the squad.

Where did the promised £50m investment by the American owners and associates go? Is the club now out of debt, if not where has all the money gone, or more to the point going?

And this one from sky sports :

Derby boss Nigel Clough admits he may be forced to part with a number of his key men in January.

The Rams have already been forced to cull their playing staff this year, with the club struggling to operate on an even keel.

More departures are required, though, to help balance the books and that could mean their most saleable assets are offloaded during the winter transfer window.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think the players wed expect to go are commons, hulse and barnes, so i dont think its a massive shock if they go as we all expect them to go anyway

id be massivly annoyed if the money made from them doesnt go back into playing staff, then whats the point in operating?

it wouldnt at all surprise me if a bid for addison gets accepted...

NOOOOOOOOOO not addison he's my favourite current derby player and he's quality

same here, but hes one of the best we have and would generate income, you cant see him turning down an offer of a prem club can you?

and ive heard a scary rumour hes falling out with nigel, dunno if it means anything as i live in essex so its proberly weeks old news to you lot

The main quote from Clough was "It is the same with any player if an offer comes in we will consider it on its merits". I don't think this applies to just Derby, every manager in the league knows every player has there value.

The rest of the article is just the media filling column space. If a silly offer comes in for Hulse or any player he obviously has to consider it as the money can be used to streghten other areas in the squad. With Porter coming back from injury maybe Clough see's him as the player to replace Hulse.

Also if we had to sell to survive surely the board would of known this in the last transfer window, and snapped Boros hand off at the offer they made.

Every player has his price.Hulse is a gonner.The money must be made available for a replacement though.Hulse is good,but not all that good.Definately not premiership quality.Having said that,I think lumping long balls to him doesnt use him to hs full potential.

Don't get me wrong Hulse is quality and is a real handfull on his day but he's "getting on abit" (no disrespect intended to you older folk :p) at nearly 30 odd and he is only gonna get slower, worse and more injury prone as this season and the next goes on. It would be a good idea if we sold him IMO, anything over £3 million and we've done bloody well to have near enough doubled his value in the space of a year and half. I that means Nigel can bring in his own options with the cash then...SHOW ME THE MONEY

Mmm hard one jury out on Porter not seen enough,Hulse to me is pants at min playing like a broken man as posted before,Still not sure of Nigels remit on how much he can spend/wage would hate to see us bargain hunt again.

Hulse plays like he is frightened to put a good crunching tackle in - wonder if he is still scared to after he broke his leg ? If Hulse and Common's do go then will Nigel be allowed to spend that money on players if we are as skint as people are saying ?

Archived