When in the last 3 years have we beaten a top team .

Curtains

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Hull in the second leg of the play offs, also thrashed them 4-0 a few weeks earlier. Both with Wassall in charge.

Hull aren't a top team . 

I am talking Chelsea, Man U and Liverpool but now you mention it we lost 3-0 at home when it mattered to Hull. 

13 minutes ago, curtains said:

Chelsea , Man City , Man U , Arsenal ,Liverpool , Tottenham. 

Well obviously the answer to your question is we haven't, but there again we have only played against 3 of them. 

Not really sure what your point is?

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Well obviously the answer to your question is we haven't, but there again we have only played against 3 of them. 

Not really sure what your point is?

My point is we were never going to win last night or would have beaten Liverpool in the last 3 years either with any manager we have had. 

I'm just pleased we stayed injury free and didn't have any sendings off last night and kept it down to 3 unlike Burton Albion who shipped 6 

Nice pay day for Derby County I'd say. 

The Keogh mistake cost us bye the way as we were doing ok at that point which was disappointing 

It isn't about beating these top teams, the vast majority of the time they're better. I see it more about having a good go at them and competing. They barely got out of first gear and seemed to stop playing after about an hour. To me, that is most concerning.

1 minute ago, ITSD said:

It isn't about beating these top teams, the vast majority of the time they're better. I see it more about having a good go at them and competing. They barely got out of first gear and seemed to stop playing after about an hour. To me, that is most concerning.

They tried but top teams make average players look average. 

Did Burton get out of first gear against Liverpool as they lost by a cricket score .

2 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Man U was disappointing last year but I think it's harsh to say we didn't at least cause Chelsea problems and make them think.

What under Clement I thought he was useless according to some. 

Oh wait was that McClaren against Jose ! 

9 minutes ago, curtains said:

They tried but top teams make average players look average. 

Did Burton get out of first gear against Liverpool as they lost by a cricket score .

I'm talking Liverpool barely got out of first gear.

1 hour ago, curtains said:

We always lose to top teams whoever the manager  

Liverpool were a class above us and we knew that before the game didn't we  

We are an average championship side playing against a Liverpool side with world stars in it and a team currently in terrific form.

When we played Chelsea a few seasons back when mac was in charge, we also looked miles away from them in quality. And this is was the team most think was our best team for recent years and we were poles apart from Chelsea.

Back in January against Utd even though we were top 6 in the championship we never competed against them, the difference  between us and those 3 teams was and currently is vast.

Archived