Relegated clubs new buying policy

archied

Looking at Newcastle and villa over the last month are we seeing the new policy of relegated prem clubs for the future ? Will we see the parachute money being used to not only buy players that they want but also used to buy up players that their main perceived competitors for promotion are looking to buy with the aim being to stop those competitors being able to strengthen and compete , in the same way we have seen the top end prem clubs buy up as much of the talent then not play them or send them out on loans to clubs that are not in competition with them,,, I believe we are seeing the start of a new policy of parachute money being used in this way then the players they buy but don't really want sold or loaned out once back up

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I agree with Saul, the year is skewed by the size of Villa and Newcastle, not to mention that Ashley (despite what you may think of him) is an astute businessman so will realise the necessity of getting Newcastle back up at first time of asking and that Dr. Tony at Villa appears to be totally out of touch with reality.

That said I do think that we will see 6 or 7 clubs yo-yoing between the divisions for a number of seasons now due to the disparity of wealth now, which is sad to see in my opinion.

At this point the size of villa and Newcastle does play a part but with the ticket sales of clubs becoming less and less percentage of clubs income how long before a Bournemouth , Southampton , Swansea etc are relatively much bigger clubs and massively much more financial clout than clubs that are championship but with much bigger fan bases ,, 

Archived