No leaders

Sexydadbod

Where are the Barkers,Buxtons,Eustaces of this team? We have no-one to guide the players on the pitch and to b*llock them if they are not trying their hardest. Thorne is our only real leader and he is injured. We need some signings desperately, preferably some leaders. Jedinak would have been perfect.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 14 August 2016 at 22:17, Cool As Custard said:

It's not emerged all of a sudden. Too many of our players have been mentally weak for a considerable length of time now and this manifesting itself as low confidence is contributing to our current performance levels. We need more leaders in our team with higher levels of resilience in order to handle the pressure of a successful promotion campaign. Until we fix this and get more players in with the right character we will continue to struggle when things get tough. Look at the leaders we had in the Bald Eagles promotion team, Stimac, van der Laan, Yates, Chris & Darryl Powell,  Gabbiadini etc. It was these strong characters as much as our ability that got us promotion. Nigel just needs to find 2 or 3 of these and things will start to turn our way...

Think I referenced exactly this point a couple of weeks ago. Even the Billy Davies promotion team had leaders Big Dave, Oakley, Howard, Edworthy etc. We need mental toughness to get out this league - the current crop are sadly lacking by comparison!

3 hours ago, satty atwal said:

I cried inside when we didnt go for jedinak

Maybe we did, but he looked at our pathetic boo-boys and thought that he didn't fancy becoming the new Johnson, Blackman, Bent or Ince.

Camara will be the next.

Yes as a player in the two promotion seasons in 86 and 87 he was immense. I remember Graham Richards describing it as almost unfair that Derby had Gregory in the team as he was head and shoulders above anything else on the pitch most weeks. I also remember Derby fans singing "Gregory for England" quite regularly at the time.

Archived