Fernando Forestieri

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, CumbrianRam said:

Could say the same about us, should have been top 2 with our spending last year.

Newcastles spending absolutely dwarves our spending last summer, they spent 60m in January don't forget, and their spending last summer wasn't peanuts either.. They've spent a bomb this window as well. It's just getting ridiculous that a 2nd division club can be spending 100+m quid, it gives clubs like burton zero chance ffs.

5 minutes ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

What are they going to do when they're in the Premier League with a team of top championship players? On silly money?... Another fire sale? Wrong approach for me

Right?!

6 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Still making a profit on sales though

7 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

How is it though? We spent £30 million last year without any income from outgoings. They've spent £45 million with income from Wijnaldum, Cisse, etc leaving and probably Sissoko to go. I didn't see any of us complaining when we were spending millions last summer.

No. Thats not the point we're making. I'm making the point that its a disgrace a club of their size is in the Championship. HUGE failings. Disgraceful failings. 

The fact they've got a net spend of about 50m quid and about 200m as changed hands, it's disgusting their 4th from bottom in the 2nd tier. We aren't angels far from it, but nowhere near as bad as that lit up there. Fat ball and his cronies should be ashamed

7 minutes ago, DCFCArmy said:

Newcastles spending absolutely dwarves our spending last summer, they spent 60m in January don't forget, and their spending last summer wasn't peanuts either.. They've spent a bomb this window as well. It's just getting ridiculous that a 2nd division club can be spending 100+m quid, it gives clubs like burton zero chance ffs.

Yes but what about the money they recouped in sales you need to net that off the total outlay.  We are hardly whiter than white either with our transfer splurge in the last 2 windows.

5 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Yes but what about the money they recouped in sales you need to net that off the total outlay.  We are hardly whiter than white either with our transfer splurge in the last 2 windows.

We had 5 years of none spending though during the clough era, whilst Newcastle were spending millions each year to stay around 14th in the prem, our respective spendings are poles apart in the past decade.. And yet they're in the same league as us ffs. 

I want them to spend another 20m and fail.. Have the media dubbed them "big spending" yet?

9 minutes ago, DCFCArmy said:

We had 5 years of none spending though during the clough era, whilst Newcastle were spending millions each year to stay around 14th in the prem, our respective spendings are poles apart in the past decade.. And yet they're in the same league as us ffs. 

I want them to spend another 20m and fail.. Have the media dubbed them "big spending" yet?

Yes I agree that they have failed monumentally to find themselves in the same division as us, however you still can't overlook the fact that over the past couple of seasons we have spent a considerable amount of money to find ourselves in the same position I would call that a failure too but not of the same magnitude as the Barcodes

Just now, Penelope Pendrex said:

Anyone considered the possibility Derby might have engineered this?

We got Thorne after he did that interview with a paper saying he wanted to leave. I reckon we told him to do it.

Perhaps it's another tactic to force a player over to us.

I've always suspected Sam Rush's obviously fake smile hides a nasty piece of work tbh

5 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

Anyone considered the possibility Derby might have engineered this?

We got Thorne after he did that interview with a paper saying he wanted to leave. I reckon we told him to do it and possibly even set it up.

Perhaps it's another tactic to force a player over to us.

If that's the case I lose some respect for our club, that's not how I want this club to go about its business.. And what goes around comes around as they say, might be funny to some people if we are indeed doing it right this minute, but won't be so funny when we're on the recieving end.

12 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

If Newcastle had bid £12 million for him. Dont you think it would be reported elsewhere?

It would be a fairly big story. Nothing at all about them bidding for him anywhere. 

Other than Ed Dawes. Who is a massive gimp. 

My thoughts exactly. Can't find anything about the Magpies making a bid or even showing any interest. Wasn't sure what a gimp is so checked the Collins dictionary. It's a physically disabled person, esp one who is lame. Or a sexual fetishist who likes to be dominated and who dresses in a leather or rubber body suit with mask, zips, and chains. Oo-er should we be saying this Ed Dawes is either? Though I'm pretty sure he is a dork. 

Archived