Up top, Options for Clough

MattyTheRam

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I won't be holding my breath

Steve Davies now has a hamstring injury - Cloughie is hoping he will be fit to play in the reserve game v Sheff wed next week - but doesnt want to rush him back :rolleyes:

That poster outside Pride Park is a jinx ! tear it down.

http://www.therams.co.uk/news/Rams-boss-Clough-frustrated-Davies-injury-problems/article-1518501-detail/article.html

Having Porter up front alongside Hulse will cause problems for the defence and give the wingers more to aim at, canna wait personally, I think Porter could be the difference. 3 goals in 3 games at least he can find the net unlike other strikers we have at the club.

How long is a piece of string :D

Porter has been pencilled in for Tuesday's reserve fixture away to Sheffield Wednesday, although the Rams say they will not rush him back before he is ready.

"Chris has been on the training ground running and working," said manager Nigel Clough.

"He has got the OK from the medical people, so it's just a case of him building up."

Kris Commons and Steve Davies are also back on the training ground and being considered for the reserve game.

Commons has missed the last three matches after picking up a hamstring injury in the defeat at Middlesbrough last month.

Davies has played only 22 minutes as a substitute since damaging an ankle against Plymouth Argyle in August. The 21-year-old is now on his way back from a hamstring problem.

"We've got to bear in mind these are players, especially in the case of Chris Porter, who have been out a long time," said Clough.

"We've got Sheffield Wednesday Reserves on Tuesday and whether it might be too soon for them, we're not quite sure.

"We then have another reserve game two weeks after that but we can arrange a match in between if necessary.

Steve Davies now has a hamstring injury - Cloughie is hoping he will be fit to play in the reserve game v Sheff wed next week - but doesnt want to rush him back :rolleyes:

http://www.therams.co.uk/news/Rams-boss-Clough-frustrated-Davies-injury-problems/article-1518501-detail/article.html

Let's change it to a picture of Nathan Tyson, Wes Morgan, Rob Earnshaw and Paul Anderson!

I may be wrong but i think imo Clough sees Porter as Hulse replacement,i dont see them playing together ,i reckon Porter fit Hulse gone and a pacey young un brought in and any money over will strengthen other areas.

I think you are right here, Porter and Hulse are quite similar in what they offer to the team.

I think you are right here, Porter and Hulse are quite similar in what they offer to the team.

It makes sense in a way.imo Hulse is a lazy bugger Porter seems ? hard working more a Clough type ,and if on a limited budget a big fee? for Hulse would make sense

You leave him alone!! he's getting signatures for his latest petition!

Archived