Weird adverts

JaguarRam

Getting strange adverts on the site that say "requesting survey" and then then grind my iPhone browser to a halt. Eventually clears and then takes me to another site to opt out of advertising. 

Tried the standard clearing the cache and switching it off and on again. Only comes up now and again. Have screenshots but I have no idea how to post them up here :-/

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just contacted them again. I'm running the adverts myself with my own browsing and yet to see a video and survey, not saying they don't exist but so hard as if I could say it's that ad there would be easier to get them removed.

Next time you see either can you send me either a screenshot or describe it and what its advertising.

That's one video ad down thanks to Moosepack.

Please please please, if you see any kind of video, popup, pop under or redirecting ads don't suffer in silence, get me screenshots, failing that the company its advertising and I can get it removed.

Should be absolutely no adverts like that on this site. 

As they only work 9 to 5 I have disabled all adverts for logged in members until tomorrow whe I can speak to them.

Again, can't apologise enough for this, it was agreed that no videos, popups, pop unders, surveys or any other BS adverts and getting pretty pissed off now. 

12 minutes ago, David said:

As they only work 9 to 5 I have disabled all adverts for logged in members until tomorrow whe I can speak to them.

Again, can't apologise enough for this, it was agreed that no videos, popups, pop unders, surveys or any other BS adverts and getting pretty pissed off now. 

Not your fault mate. You are doing an awesome job. 

Wouldnt normally mind but it was locking up my browser. 

Thanks for your help

Yeah that's not right, seen Football Mad sites go down the drain by loading on intrusive ads and the DET is just as bad.

This site would be dead in weeks if I went down that path. 

We had (IMO) the balance right before with Google with just static banners, that's all I want now with this new company, if they can't get that figured out I'll be looking to break out of the contract.

Difficult balance I know.

You have to make sure that you make enough to keep yourself and the site going as well. If you are getting more revenue from the new company that is important. 

It is shame that you can't do some  membership arrangement as I am sure people would put some money in. 

I do have the software now to sell ad free subscriptions, bought it last week, just waiting for the next update as currently it asks for full name, billing address and all that, I don't want to freak people out.

I also don't want to hammer the site with intrusive ads and say well you can pay for this...:

it can't be a must buy to use the site, the site must function fully with ads at the same time.

Well I will be first on the list when you do! The adverts don't bother me as much as it will be nice to support. 

Don't think it will bother people too much filling in a few details. Plenty of people get a lot of entertainment from the site so it is worth it. 

Quick update.

I have reverted back to the old adverts and made my intention to leave the company I signed with.

Once again I apologise for all the disruption and I will work and going live with subscriptions asap.

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/06/2016 at 09:59, David said:

Quick update.

I have reverted back to the old adverts and made my intention to leave the company I signed with.

Once again I apologise for all the disruption and I will work and going live with subscriptions asap.

Just been going round in circles with adverts that changed my page address on to the advert, then clicked the edit button and it loaded another one and so on. Had to restart my phone to get out of it. Was reading through the Hendrick transfer thread, went to the next page and it went to the adverts instead.

Will upload the pictures of the adverts when I get home as i can't work out how to do it on my phone. 

Archived