Fan Segregation

Day

A NEW family section where opposing fans will be able to sit side-by-side is to be launched at the City Ground.

Nottingham Forest will join forces with Doncaster Rovers to sell the family tickets for their game on November 28.

The tickets will be for the T block section of the Brian Clough stand, and there will be entertainment before the match and at half-time.

Forest Safety Officer Alan Bexon said: "It's something we have been considering for some time and we have had talks with Doncaster about implementing it for our meeting later this month.

"We sincerely hope the idea will catch on and lead to us eventually getting back to a situation where there is no need to segregate fans.

"Football has evolved since the days when hooliganism was at a peak and we believe the initiative could be a step in a very positive direction."

Students at South Notts college will spruce up the stands in advance of the match.

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/homenews/Fans-sit-Forest/article-1494793-detail/article.html

-------------------------------------------

Would this work? I can't see Derby and Forest fans sitting side by side anytime soon and I'm not sure I'd want to be sat next to an away fan whos celebrating a goal.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a nice i dea, and to an extent i hope it works... but at the same time, it could dilute the passion and atmosphere in the stadium.

It will also be the most guarded section of the ground by safety staff and police, and i'd imagine will result in several bans if anything even pretends to flare up... after all it is a family area and the idea is to allow for family entertainment - not to have 6 year old kids forced to watch their dads get punched... or even worse get punched themselves

It's a nice i dea, and to an extent i hope it works... but at the same time, it could dilute the passion and atmosphere in the stadium.

It will also be the most guarded section of the ground by safety staff and police, and i'd imagine will result in several bans if anything even pretends to flare up... after all it is a family area and the idea is to allow for family entertainment - not to have 6 year old kids forced to watch their dads get punched... or even worse get punched themselves

they have to learn how to take a punch at some age :D

it's a nice i dea, and to an extent i hope it works... But at the same time, it could [size=4]dilute the passion and atmosphere in the stadium.[/size]

it will also be the most guarded section of the ground by safety staff and police, and i'd imagine will result in several bans if anything even pretends to flare up... After all it is a family area and the idea is to allow for family entertainment - not to have 6 year old kids forced to watch their dads get punched... Or even worse get punched themselves

ahhahaahhahaahhahaahhahaahhaha

I'd punch Earnshaw, no problem, and his slightly bigger brother Billy Davies.

Archived