90 Points or More

TETRA

I have a question that someone out there may be able to answer. Has any team in the history of the Championship failed to make automatic promotion with at least 90 points or more ?. 

I obviouly refer to the top three in the Championship Boro, Burnley, & Brighton. As the way it's going one of them could well miss out even if they get to 90 points. I have looked back at least five years & haven't seen anyone, not even close. 

If it does happen & whoever missies out then fails to win the Play Offs, it does seem a little unfair. As we all know we missed out coming third a few seasons ago on 85 points.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sunderland only missed out by the 1 point on the last day to Boro on 91 in 97/98 as well. This is the only time in the current format of a 24 team second tier with playoffs the 90 points and not getting promoted scenario has happened. 

How gutting is it going to be for one of those three?, could get 90 points and not go up. Boro got 85 last season and we did the same in 2013/14... we can still get 85 points.. we might want to drop points on purpose in the final game to make sure we don't get the jinx total. 

1 hour ago, DCFCArmy said:

How gutting is it going to be for one of those three?, could get 90 points and not go up. Boro got 85 last season and we did the same in 2013/14... we can still get 85 points.. we might want to drop points on purpose in the final game to make sure we don't get the jinx total. 

Gutting enough for them to then get turned over by the Wendies in the playoffs?

2 hours ago, eddie said:

Gutting enough for them to then get turned over by the Wendies in the playoffs?

Wendies are hit and miss, could well turn them over 3-0 in the first leg at home, they'd still be a bit hung over from failing and that could play into sheffs weds hands. 

but I still think we'll be seeing whoever finishes 3rd at wembley if I'm being honest. 

4 minutes ago, SimonBHA said:

We could finish on 91 points and finish 3rd, sickening. 

and then lose in the play-offs. Hardest league in the world to get out of, some say. :lol:

Archived