New laws for next season

ilkleyram

Some changes to the laws of football have been announced -  sensible changes, though I would go further with players being allowed to stay on the pitch after being injured if they have also been fouled. 

Interesting that Italy gets to trial video replays

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10242286/ifab-anounces-law-changes-softening-rules-on-fouls-in-the-penalty-area

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

Some changes to the laws of football have been announced -  sensible changes, though I would go further with players being allowed to stay on the pitch after being injured if they have also been fouled. 

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10242286/ifab-anounces-law-changes-softening-rules-on-fouls-in-the-penalty-area

This bit 'Referees' powers have also been extended so that they can send off a player before kick-off, from the official's pre-match pitch inspection onwards.' will come in handy regularly im sure.

Sith Happens
3 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

I sort of get the making them go off the pitch though, i assume it was done to try and prevent play acting on injuries.

I would actually make the law so if someone kicks the ball out for a player to be treated then thats a booking, make it so only the ref can stop the play.

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

This bit 'Referees' powers have also been extended so that they can send off a player before kick-off, from the official's pre-match pitch inspection onwards.' will come in handy regularly im sure.

there must have been cause for it. Maybe some incidents that have not been reported?

the new rule about kick offs being played in any direction may change things up a little. Instead of a short pass forward a ten yard pass to Thorne who launches it into the corner for an on rushing Johnny Russell to play inside to Olsson who crosses to Martin = goal kick when he puts over

11 hours ago, davenportram said:

there must have been cause for it. Maybe some incidents that have not been reported?

Luckily this wasn't introduced earlier. Webb would have loved this one and ManU wouldn't have to play against 11 from the start.

3 hours ago, Dimmu said:

Luckily this wasn't introduced earlier. Webb would have loved this one and ManU wouldn't have to play against 11 from the start.

Reminds me of the old Willie Carlin story. He was walking along the corridor under ABC stand ot the Baseball Ground and he saw Kevin Howley (whose claim to fame was he was always disallowing Hector goals for spurious reasons).

"Morning, Ref." said Willie.

"One more word from you, Carlin, and you're off" came the reply.

Archived