Brighton are flying

North East Ram

14 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Trust me, with Waffall in charge that won't be happening.  If we do manage to entrench ourselves in the play offs, whoever plays us will be practically getting a free pass to the final...

I get where you're coming from but things change so quickly in this league and fans are very reactive to the last result. Just over a week ago we were spanked by Cardiff on TV 4-1. Two 4-0 wins later and suddenly things are looking up again. If you finish in the top 6 I refuse to believe it's a free pass to the final. You're as good as anyone on your day, league table just a reflection of the consistency over 46 games. Put it this way, if we are in the play-offs, I'd much rather be playing Ipswich, Birmingham or Cardiff than Derby.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, SimonBHA said:

I get where you're coming from but things change so quickly in this league and fans are very reactive to the last result. Just over a week ago we were spanked by Cardiff on TV 4-1. Two 4-0 wins later and suddenly things are looking up again. If you finish in the top 6 I refuse to believe it's a free pass to the final. You're as good as anyone on your day, league table just a reflection of the consistency over 46 games. Put it this way, if we are in the play-offs, I'd much rather be playing Ipswich, Birmingham or Cardiff than Derby.

Oh stop it, you'll make us blush.  

If you saw our last 'performance' you'd really fancy your chances...

1 hour ago, ramsbottom said:

Oh stop it, you'll make us blush.  

If you saw our last 'performance' you'd really fancy your chances...

Playing like that, yeah I would. 12 games left though, plenty of time for that to change.

7 hours ago, SimonBHA said:

I'm not wetting myself at your recent struggles because I've got nothing against Derby, no problem with you getting promoted so long as it's not at our expense. Besides, I still think you'll be in the top 6 this season and you're good enough to beat anyone in this league so I'd look like a right muppet if you ended up beating us in the play-offs again! 

Well we had to fight to get a point at home before the wheels came off so I wouldn't fancy our chances at all right now. The playoffs to my recollection don't tend to throw up unexpected results - with the exception of qpr:ph34r:

8 hours ago, TETRA said:

A bit below the belt that one HantsRam, seems to me unlike some Ram fans, Brighton fans haven't been lording any expectations about winning anything this season, they've just sat back quietly & watched their team surprise everybody including themselves. Just shows what can be achieved by what seems to me to be a very highly organised club now making all the right decisions. Perhaps after missing out in recent years their time has come. WHO KNOWS ?. 

I was actually complimenting Simon. 

A bit backhanded maybe but that's just me. 

Archived