Marketing your business/product

Chris Mills

Probably not going to be the most popular thread the world has ever seen but though I would share this seminar that I just watched on marketing for businesses. Don't know if any of you run your own businesses but I figure it will be useful for any who do. 

The video is entertaining too and not by some tedious professor that could send you to sleep.

Worth the watch for anyone with their own business, even if you think your marketing techniques are up to scratch!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Chris Mills said:

Probably not going to be the most popular thread the world has ever seen but though I would share this seminar that I just watched on marketing for businesses. Don't know if any of you run your own businesses but I figure it will be useful for any who do. 

The video is entertaining too and not by some tedious professor that could send you to sleep.

Worth the watch for anyone with their own business, even if you think your marketing techniques are up to scratch!

Fair enough thread but there are a million of these around.

What makes this one so good, before I go ahead and lose 15 minutes+ of my life I will never get back?

2 hours ago, scarboroughwa said:

What makes this one so good, before I go ahead and lose 15 minutes+ of my life I will never get back?

1hr 18min

maybe I'll watch it later, got work to do.

4 hours ago, scarboroughwa said:

Ironically, your last comment is what the basis of the talk is about. Modern day people don't want to sit and close pop ups, read emails, be forced to watch an ad in TV. Most people now watch their favourite TV programmes on Netflix, Amazon whatever else yet companies are spending billions of pound on TV adverts. He refers to L'Oreal spending 700m on paper advertisements (magazine pages), yet who actually ever reads them and doesn't just skip past to the next page? The world we live in today people are thinking about saving seconds, it's an inconvenience for someone to even phone you these days let alone watch 3-4 minutes of adverts every 15 minutes!

The talk is more aimed at your behaviour when it come to advertising rather than specific techniques. 

I personally found it interesting and delivered really well, but if you don't want to watch it I probably won't make you! It is optional ;)

Archived