Doncaster Rovers v Derby County

Day

I hate to say we looked a little bit Jewellesque last night. We showed we had some great players but our style of play was woeful and inevitably had no end product. Savage's free-kick was excellent but then it went downhill from there. We couldn't keep the ball on the ground, our back four and Bywater were hoofing the ball to Hulse and Porter who did nothing. A few odd efforts from Porter should have ended in goals. We allowed Donny's midfield to control the game. Teale had his moments but what could he do when we were hoofing it down the middle? I think this is just a blip, however. We were clearly missing Kris Commons and now we have something to prove when we play Swansea.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes we were like P.J.'s team last night :mad: , let's hope it doesn't happen again - anyone know how bad Common's injury is ? and does anyone know who the mystery man was in the warm up? he had a Derby tracksuit on and had a kick around with Roy Carroll and a few shot's at goal - is he a trialist i wonder ?

Agree with that vicky but has Greeny's game been affected by Sav coming in?

Under Jewell, Greeny was probably the best player on the pitch but now, he's in effect, sharing his role with Sav, who is a pain in the 'arris.

I like Green and hope he is part of Nigels plans.

(Am replying to Vickys first post btw.)

Doncaster have become a really good side over the last few weeks.

We should not be too hard on ourselves. We will get more results as the season plods along.

Doncaster could even make the play offs, if they carry on like this. I'd be happy mid table...top half even. anything else is a bonus. Better than 18th would be great...

Twice Cloughly

I think this defeat will be a good grounding for us all. We were getting a bit carried away. We are playing football and winning, which is quite alien to us and we were bound to get a bit excited.

Now, we have to stay up - and win promotion next season, if we can, if not, then the season after that.

Some people just don't learn from the past. I wouldn't want to go up this season, unprepared, AGAIN, no no no no no.

Look at West Brom, they were thanking us for beating them at Wembley, saying they were a better, stronger side blah blah blah - they are joining us in the Championship in August........

Yes they were, but look where West Brom are now?

So, another season in the Championship and letting go of a few key players hasn't really done much for the Baggies has it?

It's a tough league and anyone not prepared, are shown up big time.

We can't win against Doncaster - :mad:

Archived