Haye v Valuev

Day

WBA heavyweight champion Nikolay Valuev has dismissed opponent David Haye as just "another idiot" after the British boxer's latest publicity stunt.

At a recent news conference, Haye 'fought' a man dressed as a goblin, meant to be Valuev, before decapitating a cardboard model of the Russian.

"I cannot take him seriously," said Valuev, who fights the 29-year-old Haye in Nuremberg on 7 November.

"He can say whatever he likes - it will not get him my title.

"When I heard about the T-shirts of the Klitschkos (Vitali and Wladimir), I thought 'oh my God, another idiot'."

Last week Haye also called the 7ft giant a "circus show freak" while later mocking his personal hygiene.

And Valuev's promoter Kalle Sauerland admitted to being mildly amused by Haye's antics.

"Haye's behaviour is very strange and not normal at all," he said. "I think one German phrase sums it up well: '1,000 volts, but no light'."

The 36-year-old Valuev, who has lost just once in 52 fights and has 34 knockouts, is nine inches taller and approximately 90lb heavier than his rival.

Haye has lost once in 23 fights and is aiming to become Britain's first heavyweight world champion since Lennox Lewis retired in 2003.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/46472000/jpg/_46472026_haye226_ap

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/8317039.stm

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I hope this bout will finish in a draw.Then nobody will get upset.They seem two quietly spoken gentlemen but not as pleasant as Mr Carl Froch.This man is surely the greatest fighter the world of boxing has seen.That is what he thinks and who am I to doubt him? I very much doubt he tells lies,or is too big for his boots.A lovely bloke who no doubt has a great taste in football teams too.

I hope this bout will finish in a draw.Then nobody will get upset.They seem two quietly spoken gentlemen but not as pleasant as Mr Carl Froch.This man is surely the greatest fighter the world of boxing has seen.That is what he thinks and who am I to doubt him? I very much doubt he tells lies,or is too big for his boots.A lovely bloke who no doubt has a great taste in football teams too.

i dislike the man personally, but give him his do, his last fight he showed he had heart! it was a cracking fight ,

maybe he could bottle some of that and send it as a pessie to kris conmans?

I can confirm that he did actually beat that beat ugly barsteward.

Felt sorry for the big man, he didn't look like he wanted to be there. Maybe he's being forced to box by the russian mafia?

if he was Boycie,he'll probably be in a box tomorrow

Archived