Is the pressure off us now?

toddy

36 minutes ago, ipad1977 said:

Most Boro fans are cautiously optimistic now

<snip>

And there you have it. There's that many variables in  this league it's impossible to call, it's all just probabilities. It's almost certain we'll finish the season with between 80 and 115 points, but that's the only near certainty I can give!

What is it now - 8 or 9 successive clean sheets in the league? Now THAT's impressive.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, eddie said:

What is it now - 8 or 9 successive clean sheets in the league? Now THAT's impressive.

Yeah it's 9 clean sheets on the bounce for us now, which is a 2nd tier record, 2 away from the record for English football.

But going back to what's been said, the chances are we will have another blip at some point, but like any team it's how quickly you get out of it, this season after a defeat we have generally won the next game and then gone on a bit of run. Although at the time the Hull result was horrific as we didn't turn up, it actually gave us the kick that we needed. And since then we haven't conceded a goal.

Derby are a quality side, I've said on your forum previously that I hope you go up with us and I've not seen anything to convince me otherwise to be honest. I think you need some perspective, you had your worst game of the season and you actually drew the game.

Simply put, you will be fine, Hull fail too many games on the road for me (well recently anyway). We shall see!

Good luck though!

7 minutes ago, Holgate86mfc said:

Derby are a quality side, I've said on your forum previously that I hope you go up with us and I've not seen anything to convince me otherwise to be honest. I think you need some perspective, you had your worst game of the season and you actually drew the game.

Interesting that some of the wisest words on a Derby forum come from a Boro fan!

13 minutes ago, OohMartWright said:

Interesting that some of the wisest words on a Derby forum come from a Boro fan!

That's the miracle of Parmos for you.

I would also add, that your last 3 league games have been DLD, I watched your game against Leeds, you played ok for me, you had plenty of chances to win the game but couldn't put them away, a draw at Leeds is certainly not a disaster. Then you played us, we scored 2 late goals, maybe the tactical decision by PC in hindsight was a mistake but that's sometimes the way it goes, again on another day that might have been a draw, then you played Reading, awful granted, but you drew again. I'm really not sure it's the end of the world. You win Saturday, which I fully expect and everything will appear fine. That might just have been your blip and you only lost one game and two out of the 3 were away from home.

As for our form, if we maintain the 2.77 pts per game we are currently getting we will reach 113 points, hopefully that would be enough to see us up. HA!

Archived