Johnny Russell (only from twitter.. skybet)

Dr. Gonzo

Russell on form is one of the best wingers in the league! Remember his pass against Preston? His goal vs Forest! Granted he's not the most consistent player to ever wear a dcfc shirt but he has heart and always gives 100%! I love it when he picks the ball up in his own half and drives at the opposition. Imo a squad without Johnny is a lot stronger squad than a squad without Russell. I also think that he brings the best out of Martin he makes the runs of martins passes to create chances.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, dcfcgodd said:

Russell on form is one of the best wingers in the league! Remember his pass against Preston? His goal vs Forest! Granted he's not the most consistent player to ever wear a dcfc shirt but he has heart and always gives 100%! I love it when he picks the ball up in his own half and drives at the opposition. Imo a squad without Johnny is a lot stronger squad than a squad without Russell. I also think that he brings the best out of Martin he makes the runs of martins passes to create chances.

Did I just read this right or is it me?

Problem for me is like you say he is 100% etc and runs himself into the ground... That however doesn't define what I and probably some might agree with the position he actually plays, a match winner... 

7 hours ago, dcfcgodd said:

Russell on form is one of the best wingers in the league! Remember his pass against Preston? His goal vs Forest! Granted he's not the most consistent player to ever wear a dcfc shirt but he has heart and always gives 100%! I love it when he picks the ball up in his own half and drives at the opposition. Imo a squad without Johnny is a lot stronger squad than a squad without Russell. I also think that he brings the best out of Martin he makes the runs of martins passes to create chances.

Can we please forget the "Preston pass" I hear so much about. Statistically it will always be possible that every player in the league can accomplish one killer ball per season.  I suspect Will Hughes did that in 20+ minutes in his one and only league appearance of the season.

Archived