Ramsplayer

Mostyn6

not sure if it has been mentioned here already, but I'd like Mel and the club to look into the quality of service fans are getting from Ramsplayer when listening to 'live' coverage.

If I moved away from Derby and wanted to listen, I'd be miserable as a Ramsplayer customer.

When in Matchday Chat, which is live and interactive, the split is about 60/40 between us locals listening on FM radio, and Ex-pats listening to commentary through Ramsplayer over the internet.

Now, I know from experience, that you can get digital quality Radio Derby on internet radio, Tune-in app on iPhone is one example (I am sure there are others), as I listened to the moan in on the day McClaren was appointed, using hotel Wi-fi, in Ibiza. Sadly though, due to the deal with Ramsplayer, the coverage from Radio Derby is cut off at kick-off for matches.

When in matchday chat, it's clear that not one Rams fan is remotely satisfied with the coverage, it lags, drops out, sometimes doesn't even work at all, and I think most frustrating is that it's clearly way behind the Radio Derby coverage on FM that most of us are listening to. So when something happens, ie a goal, 50 posters go "YES", "Goal", Get IN" etc, and those on Ramsplayer end up waiting 3 minutes to catch up and hear what we heard.

I'd like to know how much revenue Derby County get from subscriptions to Ramsplayer, and I'd like to know how many subscribers would still subscribe IF Derby County allowed digital commentary, which would be better production, sounds quality, more stable site, happier fans etc.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

It is even worse for overseas fan. Often all I have are the the 2-minute highlights on Youtube.

So my question is: Any chance for the club to make extended match highlights available? Probably depends on your deal with FL Interactive, but somehow Sheffield Wednesday manage to do just that. Wednesday have been uploading 10-minute plus extended highlights on their official Youtube channel, right after each match. Of course they also had the £14-for-a-full-12-month subscription promotion earlier this season...

I want to watch as many games live as I could, but the problem is that there aren't many on the telly (which is why I hope DCFC promoted ASAP). So I hope DCFC can at least make extended highlights available.

Yeah thats not great BUT with your point of being in Matchday Chat and those listening on FM hearing goals etc before those listening on DAB or RamPlayer its always going to be an issue, the only thing you can do is not use Matchday Chat and listen to the match, doesnt matter if its on time or 3 minutes late if you have no outside influence informing you that its delayed.

That is the point I was getting across.

Recently Ive been listening on my phone. It seems to be better listening through the HD football league app than it does throughnthe derby site. The preston game on the derby site was only working sporadically and once this season i was ten mins behind. On the app i was about 20sec behind and the goals went in as sky sports, twitter etc got updated  

Archived