The Captaincy

ValeRam

On 15 November 2015 11:44:32, AndyB said:

The captain in a football team isn't really important in my opinion. Leaders on the pitch are important and we have plenty of these now. Whichever one has the actual armband can be used for other reasons, motivation, confidence, good with the media, seniority, morale, etc.

Maybe making Martin captain has been used by Clement to get the right reaction out of Martin and others? Either way it's been working and I wouldn't change it at the moment.

Think its still working now ?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 14 November 2015 22:59:52, mozza said:

Perhaps it might be better if you just sat on the sidelines and adjudicated what people can or can't talk about to your satisfaction and then let us know in due course when you have come to your conclusion 

42 minutes ago, ValeRam said:

Perhaps it might be better if you just sat on the sidelines and adjudicated what people can or can't talk about to your satisfaction and then let us know in due course when you have come to your conclusion 

i've come to the conclusion that , you've lost me ..

• 4 weeks later...
On 8 December 2015 at 06:06, AndyB said:

ValeRam, are you asking me because Martin hasn't scored recently?

I don't have a problem with Martin as captain and he's still an integral part of the team.

Maybe it has no effect on his performance whatsoever , I don't really know, AndyB,  but it doesn't seem to be helping him at the moment. Someone like Troy Deeney seems to thrive on it though, to the benefit of both himself and his fellow  team-mates. 

Archived