Worst ever captain

vicky-27

Matt Oakley is at no 1 on this list

[url=http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/blogs/mirror-football-blog/William-Gallas-Barry-Ferguson-and-the-top-10-worst-ever-captains-article177563.html]http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/bl...icle177563.html

1) Matt Oakley (Derby)

In 2007/08, Derby became the first club to be relegated from the Premier League as early as March, recorded the league's lowest-ever points total of 19 and equalled Loughborough's 108-year Football League record of going through an entire season with only one win. Oakley had started the campaign as captain but with relegation all but guaranteed, the midfielder was shipped off to Championship side Leicester. As if his first half of the season hadn't been bad enough, Oakley managed to inspire his new side to relegation as well and the midfielder found himself playing League One football the following campaign.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm with you Dave...

He has no footballing talent, is more interested in setting up his career as a pundit, and has no positivity...

You need a captain that you can be proud of for more than his wind up techniques, and that says things like "its a blip and we can recover to become a real force to be reckoned with in this division" not "survival is a good season"

Get rid on im

What are we missing on the pitch at the moment which even Clough has touched on? Leaders, we're missing leaders on the pitch. Where's Savage? it's ok running like like a headless Chicken in the middle of the pitch for 90 minutes although we have lost the midfield battle in every game apart from the Portsmouth game. And don't start with the you listen on the radio crap, yes I listen on the radio and I barely hear his name mentioned, when I watch the extended highlights I don't see what he is adding to the team. Looking around other Derby forums the same point is starting to be raised, and oh wait a minute I see a couple in this thread agree, what does Savage add to the team?

Time for a change, although at the moment with the injuries we have nobody that we can replace him with. I've always been in the mind that Addison is a defender, although now with the Barker and Leacock partnership in defence why not try him for one game along side Green when all 4 are fit.

Connolly was a ***** captain - he never did anything to encourage them or get them going -he hardly spoke a word - Sav is a natural leader - he helps the young lads - encourages them - looks after everyone - when heads are about to drop he lifts them -there is a great team spirit with him around - you can't see that on the radio ! you can't blame all the results on him just because he is captain.

Archived