Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

South Ram

Just wanted to jump in with a few details that I have regarding the 'mystery' new record signing:

*provided by a reliable internal source*

- Age is approx. 21 - 26
- Not a Defender, Described as a 'wide player'
- Plays in England
- Not a Premier League Player 2014/15
- Not a Premier League Player 2015/16
- Not played senior International football
- Expected Transfer Fee of approx. £4m - £6m, might not break record, but likely.
- A player that you will have heard of before
- Not been linked with the player before (to best of knowledge)
- Using logic, not likely to be from a team that doesn't need to sell e.g. Middlesbrough

Lua-Lua (as mentioned) would meet most criteria.

Some other names that *may* meet certain criteria:

Demarai Gray
Moses Odubajo
Peter Whittingham
Craig Noone
Joe Mason
Callum Harriott
Cauley Woodrow
Sean Scannell
Adam Hammill
Alex Mowatt
Michail Antonio
Ben Osborn
Tommy Rowe
Rajiv Van La Parra

Pritchard.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A person who is not in the Premier League now? A wide player, but based in Britain? Worth £5m?

Patrick Roberts?

Top prospect. Didn't make the impression I thought he might 14/15. Only 18 though. 

I'm struggling to find a player that I'm happy satisfies all the points I've been given, so I'm guessing at Gray at the moment, as he hits all except for age.

cant believe there would be any League 1 players that would command that fee?

He was on loan 2014/15 so not a Premier League player.

If he signs for us he won't be a PL player in 2015/16.

To be fair, in that case anybody who didn't play in the PL last season is eligible under the 'criteria'.

Any Watford player i.e Deeney (just an example) technically isn't a PL 2015/16 player until they've played. Same with Bournemouth players like Ritchie etc. I would say if the criteria is indeed that they're not a PL player in 2015/16, then it'll be from a side who isn't in the PL this season. Aka not Pritchard

Lua-Lua (as mentioned) would meet most criteria.

Some other names that *may* meet certain criteria:

Demarai Gray
Moses Odubajo
Peter Whittingham
Craig Noone
Joe Mason
Callum Harriott
Cauley Woodrow
Sean Scannell
Adam Hammill
Alex Mowatt
Michail Antonio
Ben Osborn
Tommy Rowe
Rajiv Van La Parra

I've highlighted those who I personally wouldn't value higher than Ince (or from 4-6 mil)

I've underlined those who may end up costing that much but wouldn't pay that because they wouldn't make our side.

Pritchard is a no, as Pochettino is planning to begin integrating him into the team starting next season. I'd be surprised if he was loaned, but he definitely will not be sold.

Patrick Roberts has attracted interest from the likes of Manchester City. Plus, Fulham are looking to sell in the region of 10m, so I would be shocked if he went to Derby.

Just wanted to jump in with a few details that I have regarding the 'mystery' new record signing:

*provided by a reliable internal source*

- Age is approx. 21 - 26
- Not a Defender, Described as a 'wide player'
- Plays in England
- Not a Premier League Player 2014/15
- Not a Premier League Player 2015/16
- Not played senior International football
- Expected Transfer Fee of approx. £4m - £6m, might not break record, but likely.
- A player that you will have heard of before
- Not been linked with the player before (to best of knowledge)
- Using logic, not likely to be from a team that doesn't need to sell e.g. Middlesbrough

I have no idea whether your criteria is correct or not, but lets say for example it is, then I can't think of many players.

It would have to be Championship. No League 1 player would get in our side and cost that much.

Only player I can think of meets at least 6 of your criteria definitely and is debatable on a couple others. Rudy Gestede would cost more than Ince and would probably mean Martin is off should he come. I can't think of many other strikers who we could attract from this country that could play Martin's role, other than Martin.

I have no idea whether your criteria is correct or not, but lets say for example it is, then I can't think of many players.

It would have to be Championship. No League 1 player would get in our side and cost that much.

Only player I can think of meets at least 6 of your criteria definitely and is debatable on a couple others. Rudy Gestede would cost more than Ince and would probably mean Martin is off should he come. I can't think of many other strikers who we could attract from this country that could play Martin's role, other than Martin.

The point that i'm absolutely 100% guaranteed about is that they haven't played any senior international football

Archived