>>>>

>>>> Hi I'm David Williams a Watford fan living in the east midlands. As

>>>> you know Watford fan Nick Cruwys was attacked after the recent Game

>>>> v Wolves and unfortunately hasn't returned home yet. He was in a

>>>> coma till last week when he came out of the coma. He is still

>>>> critical but stable in hospital with his wife by his side. He has 2

>>>> very young daughters as well. To show our support for Nick Cruwys

>>>> and his family Watford fans stand and applaud on the 44th minute at

>>>> all games now and this we will be doing on Friday when we play you.

>>>> I'm sending you this message hoping you can say something before

>>>> the game and encourage all Ram and Hornet fans to join in our minutes applause.

>>>> Why on the 44th minute you may well as ? Well that is Nicks age.

>>>>

>>>> Hope you can help.

>>>>

>>>> David "Stax" Williams.

>>>> East Midlands Hornets.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see how clapping shows support or helps. I'll join in. But that's what most the ground will be doing. "Joining in"

it's not sincere. 

I'm not saying this is the case here but how many of these applauses are for the actual person and how many are to make the people applauding feel 'good'.

Football fans did this to him. No doubt football fans that were applauding something similar recently themselves. 

You may think I'm the heartless cnut here. But if I had a magic wand the guy would be better tomorrow. 

I know plenty of Watford fans/staff etc will genuinely want the guy and his family to know that he's one of them. Part of the club. 

But the brutal reality is that people will be absorbed in the game trying to forget about the **** that happens in the world. 

I know it sounds heartless. But I don't go around attacking people after matches because of stuff like this. 

We don't know Nick. We have our own loved ones to worry over. As a courtesy we remember people who have helped forge the club we love. 

I just am really cynical about all this. In the 44th minute 33,000 people are going to remember 1 guy who they've never met or been influenced by? With all the **** that goes on in the world? Then we're going to shout abuse at each other. Chuck coins.  Make threats. Go home. Get up.  Cut each other up on motorways. Argue. Fight. Read a story about Isis killing people and the turn the page to the sports. 

I know, I'm a cnut. Yes. And so is everyone else. They just pretend to be nice. Which is worse. 

Very few people are decent. If I die then I don't want that. Genuinely I don't expect any stranger to remember me. Why should they? 

You could send this guys family a card. Telling them that they have the best wishes of a random football fan. But most of you won't because that is too much hard work. Me, the heartless one, has probably given this guy more thought in this post than half the fans clapping on Friday. 

It must be hard for his family and I wouldn't wish a stranger the suffering they're having. And the culprits should be hung.

It seems to be 'the thing' now, and if it gets people asking why (in this case because football violence has raised its ugly head again and a football fan, husband and father has been assaulted almost to the point of death for the crime of supporting his team), then I am very much in favour.

for one minute we have an opportunity to put aside the phoney tribalism, the ''watfords a shiithole, thats why you're still here" stuff etc etc and show some collective support for the ordinary fan who follows his team and gets set upon by thugs who get a thrill out of beating up someones dad......

Archived