Germany v Australia

Albert

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The internet for you, too many half wits have direct access to the players or have a platform like this to spout their hate for our national team and our Premier League, they don't realise just how lucky we are compared to other countries having the quality of football and players on our doorstep. 

It's either the young'uns that are blinded by FIFA and FM stats or old'uns that remember the "good old days".

England are a top side despite what some would try an make you believe, at the Euros Spain, Germany, Italy, France, Netherlands and England are the top 6, a final featuring any of these 2 countries would be no shock. I really fancy England to do well next summer. 

You have to laugh when you hear the reasons why dislike the England team, players don't care, paid too much, we're not exciting enough, we're boring to watch blah blah.

The same fans that will go and buy season tickets to watch a Derby County side captained by Robbie Savage, figure that one out.

What really tickles me is when they say when England are doing better I might start taking an interest again. 'kin ell, would rather you wouldn't and keep that retro England shirt at the back of the drawer.

I'm as much Derby as I am England, if we didn't have so many fickle fans that got behind the team you're right we probably would perform much better. Problem is it's cool to hate England and support Spain as a Englishman tho, it's cool to say La Liga and Bundesliga are better leagues. It's sad that's what it is, sad that computer games have influenced so many young ones to hate on their own country.

The internet for you, too many half wits have direct access to the players or have a platform like this to spout their hate for our national team and our Premier League, they don't realise just how lucky we are compared to other countries having the quality of football and players on our doorstep. 

It's either the young'uns that are blinded by FIFA and FM stats or old'uns that remember the "good old days".

England are a top side despite what some would try an make you believe, at the Euros Spain, Germany, Italy, France, Netherlands and England are the top 6, a final featuring any of these 2 countries would be no shock. I really fancy England to do well next summer. 

You have to laugh when you hear the reasons why dislike the England team, players don't care, paid too much, we're not exciting enough, we're boring to watch blah blah.

The same fans that will go and buy season tickets to watch a Derby County side captained by Robbie Savage, figure that one out.

What really tickles me is when they say when England are doing better I might start taking an interest again. 'kin ell, would rather you wouldn't and keep that retro England shirt at the back of the drawer.

I'm as much Derby as I am England, if we didn't have so many fickle fans that got behind the team you're right we probably would perform much better. Problem is it's cool to hate England and support Spain as a Englishman tho, it's cool to say La Liga and Bundesliga are better leagues. It's sad that's what it is, sad that computer games have influenced so many young ones to hate on their own country.

In the 90's probably as I was young, the Internet wasn't what it is today so maybe I wasn't aware to it. Just the 6 years on this forum I have noticed a huge difference, we have more fans that watch huge amounts of foreign football, player suggestion threads are full of fancy names I have to Google to see if they exist, turns out they are on FM wonderkid lists. 

We have fans excited over signing youngsters on loan from Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, suggesting players that have never even played a first team game.

Am I missing out on a TV channel somewhere that screens all these U21 games, La Liga, Bundesliga games? I see one La Liga and Bundesliga games on TV each week, maybe two at most. Where is all this knowledge gained from? it has to be video games, has to be. 

In the 90's probably as I was young, the Internet wasn't what it is today so maybe I wasn't aware to it. Just the 6 years on this forum I have noticed a huge difference, we have more fans that watch huge amounts of foreign football, player suggestion threads are full of fancy names I have to Google to see if they exist, turns out they are on FM wonderkid lists. 

We have fans excited over signing youngsters on loan from Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, suggesting players that have never even played a first team game.

Am I missing out on a TV channel somewhere that screens all these U21 games, La Liga, Bundesliga games? I see one La Liga and Bundesliga games on TV each week, maybe two at most. Where is all this knowledge gained from? it has to be video games, has to be. 

Archived