The Derby Way

unclej

And I'm not saying you should, someone asked what was the Derby way.  My point was more around the foul given on Friday that resulted in no card.  That was because of the view the ref had, it was a bad decision, we haven't got a video ref so we have to rely on 3 men to get the big calls right.  Once he gave the foul, then he has to give a card,that was the inconsistency pullis was talking about.

The Derby way is not to complain, my point is that until the refereeing standard is improved, you can see why teams opt out of the right way.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Derby way at present is a team thats unbalanced. Leaving the defence too open. Its STILL also a team of midfielders as it was under Clough. We can find spaces inside an opponents half right up until the 18 yard box then we pass it square several times trying to find an opening, all the while, no one is willing to make that run inside the box or try break offside and get in behind them. How many goals did we only manage early season through a full backs assist because forsyth and christie were getting the crosses into the box for Martin, or perhaps an on rushing russell, Bryson or Hendrick.

Sure if we can get to winning ways, even if its just the odd 2-1 or 1-0 here and there, then confidence will grow and maybe our midfielders and forwards will grow a pair.

For all the frustration that Ibe and ward give us and gave us, they do at least try and take players on. they may be over confident, but sometimes thats what you need. Dawkins has been rubbish this year apart from 2 matches. Probably say the same about Lindgaard.

has anybody noticed how many fewer penalties we have had this season simply because we dont run at defenders in the box anymore. Have you also noticed how many penalties Bournemouth have been awarded this season for exactly the same reason!

Please Mr Mcclaren find a plan B, as this patience game you play is embarasssing when with all the territory and posession we still dont look like scoring and are suseptable to conceding at the other end.

Mr Mcclaren you also called our control of the game at Wolves embarassing at times. The only thing thats embarassing to me is our lack of cutting edge given how well we play UP to the 18 yard line.

Positive Derby way is our style of football and keeping it on the deck (When having a fully fit squad).

Negative losing to teams who are struggling. Screwing up good positions. Making there fans nervous and sick by not doing anything the easy way. Doing the oh that will only happen one in a million times (Brummies result for e.g.). Being quiet unless we're winning.

Archived