Investors

Ovis aries

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy to see a large spread of ownership. Reduces the likelihood of it all going tits up if someone loses interest, loses the family fortune or has a hissy fit.

Much as I love Brett Wilson and am delighted to see Mel Morris coming back, I'd sooner see us owned by the larger group than any one man taking increasing ownership. Lionel Pickering was a great man and a great owner, but the club wasn't sustainable once we hit choppy waters.

Happy to see a large spread of ownership. Reduces the likelihood of it all going tits up if someone loses interest, loses the family fortune or has a hissy fit.

Much as I love Brett Wilson and am delighted to see Mel Morris coming back, I'd sooner see us owned by the larger group than any one man taking increasing ownership. Lionel Pickering was a great man and a great owner, but the club wasn't sustainable once we hit choppy waters.

Must be incredibly pleasing for them.

The perception of the ownership group has gone through a choppy journey over the past 6/7 years. 

The whole mood of the club at the moment is so buoyant - owners, players, fans - last time I can think of it being this harmonious was in Lionel's heyday, before things started going pear-shaped. That first few years, with Wanchope, Eranio, Baiano etc - if we go up this year, it's going to be like that all over again, but this time on a sustainable footing!

When you look around now, and see some of the owners in the game, we're incredibly lucky. 

And that's from someone who had doubts about them for a long time. Very pleased to be put in my place on this one.

Archived