Putin

Ovis aries

Putin is the bad man there is no question about it. He has violated numerous countries sovereignty for instance Georgia where he still has troops, Ukraine etc etc and he will not stop. There is no doubt Putin wants to roll back the borders of independent nation states anymore. On our foreign policy in the past we've done bad things, especially during the cold war where we propped up dictatorships in order to try and stop the spread of communism. We still prop up or support dictators such as Saudi Arabia which is wrong, however we must be able to speak out against all wrongs. This includes Putin's authoritarian state which for a while now has been descending into full blown tyranny. 

On our interventions in general i'll say a couple of things. I am a supporter of Iraq and Afghanistan they were both ruled by dictators especially iraq the like of which were on the scale of Mao, Stalin and Pol Pot. We weren't dealing with authoritarian leaders whose idea of government was a bit weird. In Iraq and Afghanistan both those governments were a threat to the world and oppressors to their own people on scales which are almost unimaginable, if you doubt this just read about the mass graves found in Iraq and accounts by Peter Bergen in Afghanistan. Yes Mugabe is a bad man but is he as bad as Saddam Hussein? As bad as the Taliban? The idea that we go to war for natural resources is simply not true at the moment. I think such theories are self discrediting and require no more comment from me. 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​And how many Iraqis did the USA and UK kill in their the two gulf wars? Or is that collateral damage?

Saddam was an evil man, but so are our governments. So is Bibi Netanyahu. 

Our governments pick and choose who they want to displace depending on what THEY can get from it. 

Check out a map of the Greater Israel, and then look at the countries the USA is taking a vested interest in. It's uncanny. 

​And how many Iraqis did the USA and UK kill in their the two gulf wars? Or is that collateral damage?

Saddam was an evil man, but so are our governments. So is Bibi Netanyahu. 

Our governments pick and choose who they want to displace depending on what THEY can get from it. 

Check out a map of the Greater Israel, and then look at the countries the USA is taking a vested interest in. It's uncanny. 

​Or maybe that the Palestinian opposition isn't in a state to lead a country and that the U.S.A especially Obama has put pressure on Israel to come to the table. Are you saying the first gulf war was a bad thing? Again when you compare our governments with Saddam it makes it difficult to take you seriously. 

I tbh agree that the US has gotten involved in some things we perhaps should not have(Vietnam being main one) BUT I do feel taking out Saddam was needed but yes all innocents lost is tragic no question.

War in and of itself is a very tough topic to delve into.I do not consider myself a pacifist by any means,but do think wars should be avoided if viable alternatives can be had.

How do you feel Obama has done in his presidency in regards to foreign policy?

​I don't care if I am taken seriously or not. 

The idea of the John Wayne style "We're the good guys" attitude is what is truly laughable. Obama doesn't put pressure on anyone in Israel. He answers to Israel. That's why he hands them over $3billion dollars a year and says "They can defend themselves" when they are butchering children. 

If you aren't with AIPAC, you don't get elected.

Obama pressed repeatedly during the attacks for them to stop actually. AIPAC is one a****st a ton of different lobby groups which gives money to candidates but America in general is pro israel. Am i saying 'we're the good guys?' No I'm merely saying comparing our governments to those of Saddam Hussein is silly. 

Ok fair enough.I know many frown upon how US goes about stuff like this.Hopefully we can get better as a country in this regard.

I love being an American and consider myself a true Patriot,but do wish several things would change or improve in regards to our government.

Obama pressed repeatedly during the attacks for them to stop actually. AIPAC is one a****st a ton of different lobby groups which gives money to candidates but America in general is pro israel. Am i saying 'we're the good guys?' No I'm merely saying comparing our governments to those of Saddam Hussein is silly. 

Archived