Jordan Stewart to Notts County

Day

Sven Goran Eriksson has been forced to admit defeat after failing to tempt Czech midfielder Pavel Nedved out of retirement.

Notts County’s director of football had hoped to follow up his swoops for Kasper Schmeichel and Sol Campbell by taking the 2003 European Footballer of the Year to Meadow Lane.

Nedved, 36, won the Italian title with Lazio under Eriksson 10 years ago and was later

chosen to be Zinedine Zidane’s replacement at Juventus, after the France midfielder

completed his world-record move to Real Madrid.

Having worked with Nedved, Eriksson was confident that he could talk him around when the Italian season ended.

Negotiations have been going on for several weeks but Nedved yesterday confirmed

that he would not change his mind.

He said: ‘I have decided to finally end my career. I will now dedicate my time to my family.’

The Magpies have agreed to pay Derby £250,000 for left back Jordan Stewart.

[url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1209310/Sven-Goran-Erikssons-powers-persuasion-fail-coax-Pavel-Nedved-retirement-Notts-County.html]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...tts-County.html

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by CumbrianRam;30133

Fingers crossed, at least they can afford the wages.

How has JS actually done for DCFC?

He was inconsistent at LCFC, one game could score a cracker & play well the next he would look like he had no confidence in his ability and be dreadful?

He scored a cracking goal once and other than that not alot, hasn't hardly featured if at all since Cloughie has come in, been sat around Moor Farm twiddling his thumbs and doing his sudoku puzzles. Would prefer to give him a chance up front than sign some has been that was never a has, say Dickov for example.

Originally posted by David;30140

He scored a cracking goal once and other than that not alot, hasn't hardly featured if at all since Cloughie has come in, been sat around Moor Farm twiddling his thumbs and doing his sudoku puzzles. Would prefer to give him a chance up front than sign some has been that was never a has, say Dickov for example.

Yeah agree with that, also he is on very high wages and a guy we have signed from Exeter City is 100 times the player and he is on a fraction of Stewart's wages, he is also 3rd choice left-back.

TBH we have not had a good left-back since Chris Powell, but this Moxey lad from Exeter looks very promising.

Originally posted by David;30140

Now it's odd you should mention that

Originally posted by CumbrianRam;30141

Yeah agree with that, also he is on very high wages and a guy we have signed from Exeter City is 100 times the player and he is on a fraction of Stewart's wages, he is also 3rd choice left-back.

TBH we have not had a good left-back since Chris Powell, but this Moxey lad from Exter looks very promising.

Great pro, still doing a job at Leicester! Went to watch him away at Macclesfield and was never in any danger! Played away at Preston top bloke, why did you ever get rid?

Originally posted by KilworthFox;30145

Great pro, still doing a job at Leicester! Went to watch him away at Macclesfield and was never in any danger! Played away at Preston top bloke, why did you ever get rid?

I don't know, but the sales of him, Carsley and Stimac started our decline from a mid-table Premiership team to a mid-table Championship team.

We sold him for penuts also, I think the figure was around 800k, a year or two after he left he made his England debut.

NOTTS County manager Ian McParland today rubbished reports the club have agreed a deal to sign Jordan Stewart from Derby County.

The Magpies were linked with a £250,000 bid for the left-back, who has also played for Leicester City.

"It's absolute nonsense," said McParland.

The Notts boss also said they were not interested in making a bid for Billy Sharp.

It has been rumoured the Magpies were prepared to offer around £1.5 million.

Striker Sharp has been out of favour at Bramall Lane this season.

[url=http://www.thisisnottscounty.co.uk/news/bid-Stewart-8211-McParland/article-1290868-detail/article.html]http://www.thisisnottscounty.co.uk/news/bi...il/article.html

retort

Originally posted by JoeMadRam;30186

Leicester how do you like the sound of Jordan Stewart? He's an excellent left back honest! And he's yours for only £250,000. Actually, we'll even pay you to take him home today! How does that sound?

You see Joe the thing is that we already did this to litttle Nige this morning as a joke as we were bored and he actually took the bait! I know unbelievable:eek: but there you have it

Bring back Jim Smith!/ohmy

Archived