chezzy next round?

Boycie

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah great price.

Think it makes more sense to keep prices low and have a packed ground, creating a fantastic atmosphere but also getting even more kids through the gate.

I noticed the crowd had a lot more kids in it against Southport, it has to be the price that does that, cannot grumble at a fiver for under 12's

2-0 to spireites now so th Derbyshire Derby is on. When did that last happen?

Spireite in peace

To answer that..1948 you won 3-0.

We have never won at your ground in any competition...Bananas.

Last time we got to 4th round in 96/97 we got an awful draw away to Bolton who were top of the championship and unbeaten at home all season. A kevin Davies hat-trick saw them off 3-2 so here's  hoping.

Glad that all the posters on here wanted us through for the Derbyshire Derby.  We will certainly bring a lot more fans than Ssausagehorpe would have ( under 500 to our ground tonight...we took 1600 to them )

I trust you will be giving us a generous ticket allocation? I don't recall how many Bolton gave us for the 97 game but I do remember it being so full When I jumped up there was nowhere free to land. ( terracing days )

Realistically I think we will need to have a good day and catch you on a poor one but the teams we struggle against are the ones that park a bus..time waste..kick us to death and resort to route one.   I doubt you will feel the need to do any of that.

Good luck in the championship. Hope you get promoted..I won't wish you too much luck in the cup :-)

Spireite in peace

Last time we got to 4th round in 96/97 we got an awful draw away to Bolton who were top of the championship and unbeaten at home all season. A kevin Davies hat-trick saw them off 3-2 so here's  hoping.

Glad that all the posters on here wanted us through for the Derbyshire Derby.  We will certainly bring a lot more fans than Ssausagehorpe would have ( under 500 to our ground tonight...we took 1600 to them )

I trust you will be giving us a generous ticket allocation? I don't recall how many Bolton gave us for the 97 game but I do remember it being so full When I jumped up there was nowhere free to land. ( terracing days )

Realistically I think we will need to have a good day and catch you on a poor one but the teams we struggle against are the ones that park a bus..time waste..kick us to death and resort to route one.   I doubt you will feel the need to do any of that.

Good luck in the championship. Hope you get promoted..I won't wish you too much luck in the cup :-)

See above fella, 5,700. Expect you to fill that easily.

Will be a good cup tie, good atmosphere, good natured i reckon as well.

We'll need to field a strong team as i think you'll be up for it.

Derbyshire, derbyshire, derbyshire.............. :D

Spireite in peace

1968, League Cup first round not 1948 (blooming heck, I'm not THAT old).

Derby won 3-0, and we went on to create the loudest noise ever heard at a football ground in the next round when we slaughtered Chelsea, then top of the first division, 3-1. Dave Mackay was utterly inspirational.

As Max Boyce would say...

"I know - cos I was there".

Derby won 3-0, and we went on to create the loudest noise ever heard at a football ground in the next round when we slaughtered Chelsea, then top of the first division, 3-1. Dave Mackay was utterly inspirational.

Eddie, will the queen be writing to you next year? #threefigures

We most certainly will be up for it.

Don't forget we have the most prolific striker in the football league :-)

I suspect a few of the clubs looking at him as a possible signing will want to see how he plays against a good championship side. If that doesn't incentivise him nothing will.

Yes I suspect we will sell those tickets at a canter. Ssausagehorpe may just have sold the 700 part of it!

And yes I see it as being good natured. Nobody outside of Chesterfield will fancy us to get anything from this and let's be honest most clubs outside the premiership have the goal of getting to the 3rd/4th round and getting a decent pay day. I for one will be travelling in hope rather than expectation and as long as we give it our all I can't ask any more.

Yer sorry. I thought he was asking about a Derby Derby in the FA Cup :-)

We have played you in the league as recently as 85/86

That may not be enough. If we are taking over 1500 to all the run of the mill crappy away games in league 1 ( gillingham etc ) I would expect all the fair weather fans to jump on this too

Is that all the usual away end?

We have never took 1500 to Gillingham mate. It'll be all very friendly I imagine as I expect quite a few of our lot to buy home tickets once we sell out.

That may not be enough. If we are taking over 1500 to all the run of the mill crappy away games in league 1 ( gillingham etc ) I would expect all the fair weather fans to jump on this too

Is that all the usual away end?

You are getting the away section plus encroaching on the home section in the east stand, season ticket holders are being moved to accommodate so count yourselves lucky :D

Eddie, will the queen be writing to you next year? #threefigures

She writes to me frequently.

Well, her Revenue and Customs people do.

Archived