Savage new captain

vicky-27

Vicky likes this

About time !

DERBY County midfielder Robbie Savage is wearing the captain's armband again.

Savage was skipper when he first signed for the Rams in January 2008 but Paul Connolly took over early last season when Paul Jewell was manager.

Now Rams boss Nigel Clough has taken the role and responsibility from Connolly because he believes it will help the right-back's game.

From the radio and reports from people who went Connolly played well - so everyone wins - except David bet you're not pleased are you ?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<span style="color:black"><span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">I would have given it to Green, he has a great attitude and his energy is unbelievable, I think it would rub off on the rest of the team. Although Sav has also showed good energy I think Nige should be setting his stall out for a 2 or 3 year building process and I cant see Sav being there when we eventuly look at a promotion push. I have always been a fan of a captain who leads by example and Green is the one player who ticks the boxes for me.</span></span>

Smithy

That would depend on the centre backs at the club? Captaincy is a combination of personality, respect from your team mates and being able to lead by example with your performance. I dont quite think any of our centre backs have that at the moment.

Sav is definatly up there in our current squad, I just think that at the start of a new managers first season we should be looking at a skipper who will be here for a few years to come..

Smithy

Archived