A puzzle

petersimple

This is what I said to a friend who is the same age as me earlier tonight :

"da deeee da / da deeee da / da da da da da da dum da de"

We'd had a few drinks and he wasn't as quick witted as one would expect. He just looked at me blankly. "It's a puzzle question" I said.

After repeating the above a few times he got it. I then said I would give the puzzle to a football forum I go on.

He said I shouldn't bother because you wouldn't get it. To make it a bit easier I will add the following clue:

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sober now and I am not sure if my clue is completely correct. There should be a law against being drunk in charge of a computer especially when posting on forums. It could lead to banishment or even cyber death.

My friend and I had been talking the effeteness of so many young men nowadays and we were trying to work out where it had all gone wrong. We were thinking of the role models we had when I thought about a particular actor. For all I know he might have gone home crying to his mother every night, but in the 1950s and 1960s he seemed to epitomise a certain type of no nonsense manliness. The clue was part of the theme music for one of his best films. It was a film that caused a lot of school playground fights. It overexcited some of the more unstable boys.

Archived