The Pride Is Back

Like all you fellow Rams I've supported our beloved club through thin and thinner for many a decade. I'm nudging 50 now so the glory years of Clough and MacKay are now but a glorious faded memory. But, mark my words fellow sufferers, I feel change in the air.

After the heartbreak of Wembley a few months ago, as I walked that forlorn walk away from the stadium, surrounded by the QPR fans chanting as though they'd played us off the park, I did wonder if that was our last chance blown - so near and yet so far - maybe never to be replicated in my lifetime as the lure of the promised land of the Pemier League disappeared further and further into the horizon in, perhaps, our very last shot.

We all hoped to replicate and build on last years relative success, but football is a fickle mistress - no respecter of past performance or glories. After our rather shaky start to the season, I feared the worst that we'd peaked, but hell no! We are coming back better and stronger. Momentum is ours. We're regaining what we had and adding to it. And you know what the most satisfying thing of all is? - In these days of win at all costs football we're actually remembering, courtesy of the previously much maligned Stevie Mac, that football is meant to be an entertainment sport!

As a Rams fan exiled in Manchester, I haven't felt so enthusiastic about watching Derby in years and somehow I think this year, we're even stronger, more entertaining and more likely to achieve longer term success. I've a feeling in my water ( hope it's not a bladder infection ).

Tell me it's not just the celebratory drink....

I belieeeve.....

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived