Would anyone like to see Jewell back at the club? As a scout though of course!

GeneralRam

Bored at work and this just crossed my mind. Got some fantastic players who play for us at the moment, most of whom arrived during the jewell era -

Savage, Davies, Addison (he gave him his proper first team chance), Commons, Hulse, Green...

There's 6 off the top of my head, although there have been some duffers (that of course is inevitable, with the amount of players he bought). He also got desperate towards the end of his reign with signing Varney...

But anyway I for one would love to seem him back in a scouting role, it were obvious he really cared for the club (part of the reason why he got so desperate towards the end IMO) and it was such a shame not to see him succeed here....

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL.

It's a shame it didn't work out for him here but I don't think it'd work very well with him as a scout.

We have a great scout already. Clough has found Barker, Croft, Pringle, Moxey and Buxton. He is also incorporating Arnaud Mendy into the team too.

I think he would be a quality scout, when you look at the signings he found for us plus the job he did at Wigan bringing players in on the cheap.

Yes he also brought in a few duds but what manager hasn't? even Fergie has made cock ups in his career so has Rafa at Liverpool.

Would Jewell be happy about coming back to his old club as a scout? doubt it very much.

Archived