Hughes Tonight

robglosta

Hughes and Dawkins look to be our two best players technically, and what I mean by that is the touch, pass, move, react kind of game. They're very special in that sense and if you had to play five-a-side against them two in the same team, you'd rip your eyes out.

Hughes, if he wants to become the player some suggests, needs to explode. Barkley, Bale, Sterling..etc all exploded at some point in the career. They went from being 'promising' to just, well, doing. 

Bale and Barkley broke the mold and just went for the kill with every attack, for Sterling it all fell together, I think what Hughes needs is to decide what kind of midfielder he wants to be. I still see him as our CDM, not to be the kick it and win it John Eustace type, but almost how Thorne played that role. A class above, a bit of elegance and the power to dictate the game with the stroke of his foot. 

As an attacking midfielder, he needs to do a lot more and I'm not quite sure that's his game. Saying that, if he scores more goals like that this season then I'll be proven well and truly wrong. 

Re Dawkins

I agree, he reminds me a lot like Welbeck...not clinical but technically very good.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived