it is nearly time go to war

B4ev6is

There was a big fight when we went to stoke in the early 90, maybe 92 or 93? I got separated from the group I was in and waited by the station. I remember some proper old man starting on me and asking but luckily a policeman on horseback chased him off and then other Derby fans arrived much to my relief. I was a wee lad like.

I have seen plenty of action in and around Millwall. Also when Charlton plays Crystal Palace SE London is shut down. 

Derby had done in a stoke main pub in Jan 1994 ...that lead to them decimating the Grange Pub ( windows, bar, optics ) in 1996 -- we had ended their play off hopes, and they fought their way out of ground with 20minutes remaining ....knew it was gonna be a troublesome time after game !

Also kept in one year at Stoke, I was parked up in opposite direction to train station walk ....2 minutes down road confronted by 50 stoke fans. Police decided to patrol on way to station or just stay in ground !!

Stoke are the worst fans IMO - it is why first game of season 2003 there next visit they all had to come o coaches. Even cars were turned around on A50 and A52. Hardly any came

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bringing a tear to my eye, good times. sometimes a bit scary but good. But your right can't go back to them times.

I remember going in the away end at coventry and oxford sh*ting myself,but it felt good getting frog marched out and chucked in the Derby end.

My first ever game was in home end at Coventry ...as a quiet 8 year old.

Next game in home end at Leicester watching David Nish score for us 

Mostly found home end from then on ! Exceptions being Luton away 3 years running when a number of Derby would also make their way in by hook or crook to home end terrace. One game their fans even shook our hands for creating an atmosphere right behind their goal.  Fact they won 4 nil helped our survival

Bournemouth last season needed to go in home end, Will Hughes found it odd to hear us shout for him as he jogged to take a corner ....but as with a number of Derby fans were allowed to move into away end at half time .....which we had allegedly sold out .....whole front row was pretty empty. As midweek this season cant see a problem with getting a seat in away end.

Also hope Blackpool will not sell out in Derby end as midweek

Man United away in our 1991 relegation season also saw a lot of Derby in home end ......midweek, we were all but down ..yet they made it all ticket. Man utd fans had spare season tickets, and believing we were Utd fans let us in to sit with them. Jossie scored for us to equalise ....we cheered, and politely offered to move to different seats !!

Crowd ....32,000 ...in 1991   And they finished 6th, s were not an awful team

Shows what a load of glory hunting fans they are now

And last reminiscing .....home end at Forest in August 1989, with a Florist fan and another derby fan

After 20 minutes needed to go quiet ...which was gutting as we lost, but gave them a good game   Happy days. Actually made in safer leaving the ground back then it was scary after games.

One midweek game we were actually sat in Derby end, but high up in their stand, (Brian Clough stand as is) ....nearest to rest of Derby fans on old terrace.

Archived