When will hughes eventually leaves...

Sexydadbod

Am I the only one who believes that when will hughes eventually leaves us that it will be beneficial for him to move to the portuguese league or la liga? Young players tend to develop better there and are treated better than they are in the premier league. Ryan gauld has said that training with sporting lisbon (all be it their b team) has already helped him develop as a player and the style of football in both leagues will help hughes as well. Young english players should move abroad to improve their education.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me the difference between the UK and other footballing nations are simple. They treat football for youths in a similar manor to a boarding school. Where as football in the UK is more like a community school. Abroad they are committed to your progression and immersion into a training camp style of life. The younger players in the UK are spoiled. They have their flash cars and big houses and ludicrous contracts from a young age. Before they have ever achieved something. Often before they have even played a professional match. How often do we now hear of players living with a sponsor, someone to keep them grounded and modest, to look out for them. 

Hughes has been raised right so to speak. He would not require this international approach and is past the stage in needing it. But many UK clubs have youth players that should be shipped off to play and train in these nations. To get them focused and remove distractions. It is a good way of weeding out the bad eggs. If you can't commit to a football training camp/boarding school for 6 months then you do not have what a club needs in a team player. 

For me the difference between the UK and other footballing nations are simple. They treat football for youths in a similar manor to a boarding school. Where as football in the UK is more like a community school. Abroad they are committed to your progression and immersion into a training camp style of life. The younger players in the UK are spoiled. They have their flash cars and big houses and ludicrous contracts from a young age. Before they have ever achieved something. Often before they have even played a professional match. How often do we now hear of players living with a sponsor, someone to keep them grounded and modest, to look out for them. 

Hughes has been raised right so to speak. He would not require this international approach. But many UK clubs have youth players that should be shipped off to play and train in these nations. To get them focused and remove distractions. It is a good way of weeding out the bad eggs. If you can't commit to a football training camp/boarding school for 6 months then you do not have what a club needs in a team player. 

I fear that when he becomes a bit older that the english media will ruin him so I think a move abroad would be great as he will not be in the limelight

I fear that when he becomes a bit older that the english media will ruin him so I think a move abroad would be great as he will not be in the limelight

Scholes remained out of the limelight. The clubs negotiate non playing activities and have a stake in commercial activities. Just look at Arsenal. If anyone is wondering why the have barley achieved anything since they moved to the Emirates stadium it is due to their silly childish commercial activities. Their players spend more time prating around in front of cameras or a crowd than they do training and playing. 

I honestly dont think he'll go anytime soon, and if he does, it wont be to a top, top club.

Think we've all over rated him somewhat. Dont get me wrong, I think he's class, just think he's missing something to play at the very top.

If big clubs thought he was good enough, reckon they would have bought him by now.

Still time though.

You obviously went to a very different community school than I did!

Archived