Chris Evans..

Walsall_Ram

Massive props to him and the scouting staff/structure he has introduced at this club.

All I remember is what he did for Wolves, Robbie Keane and Lescott to name 2 of numerous players they sold on for a lot more than they paid.

What a future we're going to have.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's overseen a bit of an restructure with our development squad this pre-season and seems to have brought in a slightly different type of player.  If a few of the players he has helped scout out and bring into that squad can go on to break into the first team then I'd say he has started to make a success of it.  It's a bit early to tell just how much his scouting has benefited the club but the early signs certainly suggest we are looking at a bright future with this current scouting set up and with the backroom staff in general!

• 5 months later...

I think he's done well during his time here. Obviously this summer his main job was to sign George Thorne and help getting the current squad new deals. The Albentosa, according to reports, seems like a really smart piece of business and his loan signings have been good.

With transfers, if you get a 70% of the deals right you're doing a good job.

We've brought in Butland, Ibe, Best & Bent on loan this season (I think that's all of them) and two of those have been good, one bad and one the jury is out on. So he's had a good few months in my opinion.

Archived