Who do you admire ?

Cisse

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the moment yes, pretty much all we've been involved in over the last decade. Think RLACML was just flying the PC flag for us, someone's got to nowadays!

No, I was flying the non-ignorance flag. I'm on my phone so I can't link anything right now but I was reading something before. 6% of terrorist attacks in the US (last ten years I think) were carried out by Muslim extremists. The rest were by groups associated with other religions or certain demographics.

If we choose to go to war in Muslim countries, of course we're going to be fighting Muslims.

Bizarrely Bomber Command were treated somewhat shabbily after the war.

But Bomber Harris recognised that the heavy bomber was going to be the decisive weapon; and that the way to win the war was to destroy the supply lines to the German army; to destroy the factories etc.

He was correct.

it was the relentless bravery and the war of attrition delivered by the RAF which slowly but surely turned the tables and led to eventual victory.

He more than anyone had to shoulder responsibility for the dirty work that was necessary to deliver victory.

There were some incredibly brave pilots like Guy Gibson and Leonard Cheshire who were celebrated but half of Bomber Command were killed, and Bomber Harris stayed admirably loyal to his men.

top man.

Killed   thousands of civilians too.

No, I was flying the non-ignorance flag. I'm on my phone so I can't link anything right now but I was reading something before. 6% of terrorist attacks in the US (last ten years I think) were carried out by Muslim extremists. The rest were by groups associated with other religions or certain demographics.

If we choose to go to war in Muslim countries, of course we're going to be fighting Muslims.

How many in total 3 or 4 in ten years ,used to get that in a month in northern Ireland sometimes

Killed thousands of civilians too.

Thats exactly the sort of idiotic response......

Coventry? London? Etc etc etc.

Or Belsen and Auschwitz if you prefer?

It is not an idiotic response, sure The Blitz etc , so how is it different when civilians get killed today.

Exactly. The RAF are heros for killing thousands of civilians in the war, Israel kill around a 1,000 and they're the devil. Can't have it both ways but many do.

Exactly. The RAF are heros for killing thousands of civilians in the war, Israel kill around a 1,000 and they're the devil. Can't have it both ways but many do.

You're the bloke who thinks your granny is a bigot.

Enough said.

You're the bloke who thinks your granny is a bigot.

Enough said.

Do you know my grandmother? No, so your view on that isn't relevant. 

Plus, you clearly have no response to my argument so you resort to nonsense insults

A big thumbs up from me to the lads n lasses of our Armed Forces wherever they happen to be in the world.

Do what you have to people to keep us all safe and ensure our continuing freedoms....and yes, even those who slag you off, despite enjoying said freedoms and the ability to express it.

May God bless us all. Particularly those who don't like Natzis, especially bad-ass Granny's.

A big thumbs up from me to the lads n lasses of our Armed Forces wherever they happen to be in the world.

Do what you have to people to keep us all safe and ensure our continuing freedoms....and yes, even those who slag you off, despite enjoying said freedoms and the ability to express it.

May God bless us all. Particularly those who don't like Natzis, especially bad-ass Granny's.

If you think I was criticising the armed forces, you're wrong and I suggest you read it again. I was saying it's wrong to praise the armed forces, then criticise others for doing the same thing. I respect our armed forces as much as the next man.

As for the bold part - She said she hated Germans, not Nazis. Do you understand the difference?

Oh, and grow up. 

Oh my oh my! These are tongue in cheek comments my friend, purely designed for light hearted banter. That is all. Carry on being offended, for today, I care not.

Archived